BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen a few posts saying lease deals are not as good as they were short time ago, so I'm not sure it's worth it.

I'm thinking of leasing a very basic 328i in the Bay Area or Sacramento.

All the options I would get are automatic, heated seats and iPod adapter.
MSRP should be under $35K.
I have about $3,000 to put up towards all start up costs and extra security deposits. I don't want to put down a cap reduction, so the $3000 would go towards paying the bank fee, first payment, registration and as many security deposits as I could get.
To lower the total cost, I'm not sure if it would be better to roll the bank fee and registration into the cap and use that money for an additional security deposit or do it the other way around.

I will need 36 months and at least 36,000 miles. I'm not sure I need 45K miles, so do you recommend leasing based on 36,000 miles and then paying for any needed extra miles at 32 months?
How close to invoice should I be able get this month (including all fees they may want to add such as MACO/training etc.) and what kind of payment would I get based on that price?

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I decided to just buy it and not bother with trying to figure out how to get a good lease deal. I picked up a new 328i tonight for a good price and financed for 3.9%..

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,958 Posts
I decided to just buy it and not bother with trying to figure out how to get a good lease deal. I picked up a new 328i tonight for a good price and financed for 3.9%..
Good for you. Congrats. Welcome. Yeah, you missed the "good lease deal" boat by 6 days.....May 6 residuals went down and MFs went up....the good lease deal days are pretty much gone.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just by reading your thread title, I thought "Good God, no." You're about a month late to get a good lease deal...May residuals are pretty bad. Now, a base BMW costs $50 more/month than the one I got in March with Automatic, Sports Pack, and Power Seats. :tsk:

Does the residual drop have anything to do with the face lift coming out? Meaning, do residuals usually drop a few months before an update or new model comes out?

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
Smart move. Leasing can be a good deal but you have to be smart about it. The lease rates are just not good right now.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Smart move. Leasing can be a good deal but you have to be smart about it. The lease rates are just not good right now.
Those looking to lease now should look at lease swaps. They will save you from needing a down payment and you get the benefit of the better rates. I am hoping that these factors make it easier for me to swap out my 335xi, but so far, no luck. :dunno:

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,958 Posts
Just by reading your thread title, I thought "Good God, no." You're about a month late to get a good lease deal...May residuals are pretty bad. Now, a base BMW costs $50 more/month than the one I got in March with Automatic, Sports Pack, and Power Seats. :tsk:

Does the residual drop have anything to do with the face lift coming out? Meaning, do residuals usually drop a few months before an update or new model comes out?
No. The residual drop has to do with them being too high in comparison to the actual market and BMW has been taking a bath on them for quite some time. They had to call an end to the party.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I got a Good Lease Deal

So I signed a 36 month/36K mile lease on a 328i sedan, black on black with the premium, sport and nav options. Dealer took $2500 off the MSRP which equates to about $800 over invoice. Money factor was .00175 which is the base rate and they used a 58% residual value instead of the new 56%. All told, I put down $3950 which includes a $500 sec dep. and 1st pmt., and my monthly lease rate is $499.

With the help of all those that post to this site, I'd like to think I negotiated a pretty fair deal. Only problem now is that I have to wait 5 weeks for the car to arrive from Germany.

Thanks again to all who post such great and accurate information.

Happy driving!

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
So I signed a 36 month/36K mile lease on a 328i sedan, black on black with the premium, sport and nav options. Dealer took $2500 off the MSRP which equates to about $800 over invoice. Money factor was .00175 which is the base rate and they used a 58% residual value instead of the new 56%. All told, I put down $3950 which includes a $500 sec dep. and 1st pmt., and my monthly lease rate is $499.

With the help of all those that post to this site, I'd like to think I negotiated a pretty fair deal. Only problem now is that I have to wait 5 weeks for the car to arrive from Germany.

Thanks again to all who post such great and accurate information.

Happy driving!
Sounds like a good deal given the rates. The 56% residual is for 15k miles per year. You got 58% because you are only doing 12k miles. You say you put down $3950 and of that $1k is SD and 1st payment. What is the rest of it? Did you do a CAP reduction? If so, you really would've been better off putting down extra SDs which would have reduced the MF more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts