Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We have 2015 535i xdrive with 45k miles and last free maintenance service under 4 years is due next month and I remember the service manager mentioned that it is good to do spark plug replacement at 5th oil change which I thought is too early for this car but anyhow my real question is should that be also free if car is still under 4 years i.e. is spark plug replacement part of maintenance program or we need to pay for it. Also if not free then do we need to do now or can wait?

Thanks
--rubs

·
Ziggy.
424 Posts
5th oil change is when they are due, and will be covered under maintence as long as the CBS data is calling for them. if cbs doesnt call for em they cant do em

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd be shocked if the dealer agreed to replace the plugs under the maint program but it never hurts to ask. If they won't do it I suggest you get them replaced at about 70-80k miles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to check on forum before the appointment. Since the CBS data is not showing it so I may wait until it shows up or until 60-70k unless they do it for free under maintenance.

During last visit, dealer tried to sell me extended maintenance package for $2300 and mentioned that brakes and spark plugs would be included so I am surprised how it could be covered under extended maintenance but not the original maintenance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had my 2013 550iX in at 49.8k miles for the final free service and they replaced the sparkplugs for free without my even requesting them to do so. Can't hurt to ask them to change them out, especially if you are a repeat service customer at that dealership.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I wanted to check on forum before the appointment. Since the CBS data is not showing it so I may wait until it shows up or until 60-70k unless they do it for free under maintenance.

During last visit, dealer tried to sell me extended maintenance package for $2300 and mentioned that brakes and spark plugs would be included so I am surprised how it could be covered under extended maintenance but not the original maintenance.
I had my 2013 550iX in at 49.8k miles for the final free service and they replaced the sparkplugs for free without my even requesting them to do so. Can't hurt to ask them to change them out, especially if you are a repeat service customer at that dealership.
Use the right words like rough idle or hesitation on acceleration... Something like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts