BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
bimmer
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 535i a month ago, would have preferred the sports package, but deal i was getting( or so i think) was too good to resist ( it has premium and cold package)

Now the big question ( call it buyers remorse). Is the sports package really something i will miss and is the drive much different?

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Got my 535i a month ago, would have preferred the sports package, but deal i was getting( or so i think) was too good to resist ( it has premium and cold package)

Now the big question ( call it buyers remorse). Is the sports package really something i will miss and is the drive much different?
You should had waited! The sport package really is a must. Why post this and make yourself feel bad about your purchase?

·
bimmer
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i paid 30500 with 21K miles CPO and warranty till dec 2014, the cheapest with sport package with about same miles was 35K.
Also from what i get is that the main difference is in the seats and wheels, unless you get dynamic package

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
The answers are, Yes and Yes.

dj

·
Registered
726 Posts
from what i read, the suspension is the same. Only wheels, seats are the major additions.

M sports package is where i see the big difference

details ( though for F10)
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Cont...atures_and_Specs/535iSedanPkgsandOptions.aspx
You would have been right if you are referring to the xi model. On the i model though, the sport package comes with different suspension. That, in combination with the 18 inch wheels and tires, is what makes the difference in handling.

Once you try the SP model, you will not want to go back to non SP. It's that different. :thumbup:

·
Sleeper Wagon
729 Posts
So if I get 18-19 wheels with perf tires
Will it be close?
I had an rx8 and that was amazing
Close, but no cigar.:tsk: The sports *suspenion* is on the 535 (RWD) is also different. You won't get the benefit just with new wheels.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
On XI it is cosmetic. But the package is worth it alone for the seats. On the non-xi, if you want the BMW handling at its best get the sports package.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I went from a 2006 530XI, my first to BMW to a 2010 535I RWD with Sport Package and Sport Transmission after the same feeling of missing something. World of difference! Just went to non-run flat Michelin's and the experience just gets better!
As far a M Sport versus Sport on the rear drive, I think the differences are cosmetic, but one key give up going to the M-Sport, you lose the staggered tire size set-up which really better delivers the BMW handling we all stride to have.
The Sport / M-Sport Packages on AWD is pure cosmetic; no Active Roll Stabilization, not a lowered suspension set up...and you can't add Sport Transmission.
;);)

·
bimmer
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i do like performance( i had an rx-8), maybe i rushed my purchase though i do enjoy it. I was contemplating a fully loaded MB 2009 c350 sport with 14K miles for same price and chose this. I will enjoy it for a year or 2 and hope to sell it for decent price and then get the new model of MB E350( coupe or convertible...has to be sport). hopefully by then some good deals on cpo...

·
Registered
35 Posts
After reading your comments, I'm sure glad I bought the 535i with sport package - the seats and staggered wheels are nice!
How do you tell if the car has the sport transmission? I can switch to DS and then manually shift gears
The active roll stabilization is great on turns

·
bimmer
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can use ds mode with all of them
Mine has it too and also manual change, that has nothing to do with sport pkg

·
Registered
336 Posts
After reading your comments, I'm sure glad I bought the 535i with sport package - the seats and staggered wheels are nice!
How do you tell if the car has the sport transmission? I can switch to DS and then manually shift gears
The active roll stabilization is great on turns
Sport Auto Transmission includes paddle shifters on steering wheel, a shorter console shift and a "Sport" button on the console behind the shift lever

Attachments

1 - 20 of 62 Posts