BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked about the a/c performance over on 1addicts and got the feeling that people are not singing the praises of the 1series a/c. I live in Houston and marginal a/c would be a deal breaker for me. I currently have a Mini with good a/c but my last 2 BMW experiences (Z3 and 02 M-Coupe) have left me less than enthusiastic about BMW a/c.

Any comments?

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
I asked about the a/c performance over on 1addicts and got the feeling that people are not singing the praises of the 1series a/c. I live in Houston and marginal a/c would be a deal breaker for me. I currently have a Mini with good a/c but my last 2 BMW experiences (Z3 and 02 M-Coupe) have left me less than enthusiastic about BMW a/c.

Any comments?
didn't seem very powerful in my two rides. reminds me of my other bmw products - lacklust AC.

·
Registered
19,863 Posts
The AC on my 130i in Taiwan was better then the AC on my E46 330i that I had in the states. I think the AC's that come on cars in Asia and the middle-east are colder then the ones that come to the states due to regulations:dunno:

The best AC by far that I ever had was the AC on my VW R32. That AC would leave you shivering. I had never seen an AC work so well before.

·
Banned
392 Posts
I dont know about the 1 series alone but BMWs in general have weak A/C. The one in my brother's Camry gives me the chills even on the lowest setting. On the BMW I would have to put it on full blast for a while and then keep it on a medium setting on warm/hot days.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ha, just today, the first day this year that hit close to 90 I cranked up the AC full blast in my 328 loaner on my way to lunch and had to think, are you kidding me, this is pathetic, it took the whole drive to the resturant to cool things down. My 4Runner cools down in a few minutes. Nough said.

·
*insert witty one liner*
257 Posts
Well, it was in the high 80's / low 90's when I picked up my car in Munich. I kept having to turn the AC off as I was getting too cold. The only complaint I have is the noise, but that's not even an issue really. Just turned the radio up lol!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Oh its so bad, horrible, can't stand it.:D

I would suggest getting a Camry.;)

You started this same thread on 1addicts, you got over 3 pages of responses. Not enough?

My suggestion, is go test drive a 135i on a hot day.

·
drives a Sawd-Off Shotgun
74 Posts
my idea of AC = 80mph+ w/windows down...works for me....:bigpimp:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts