BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Well I got the new baby yesterday, 550ix as you can see by my sig. Just getting used to her. Love the pull from the engine and the sound. I plugged my V1 into the cig lighter and it seems that it is hot (always on) even when the car is off. My 2009 did not do this. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will do that as well but in the meantime I don't want to drain the battery by leaving it on by mistake. Anyway if anyone knows I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
All the power outlets shut down ~8 minutes after the car is turned off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My outlets do not shut down after 8min or even longer. Same for outlets in console. I did have the iPhone cradle added and am wondering if that did something during install. I have read the manual and it indicates that it should work only w engine on. Anybody have an idea.

·
Registered
844 Posts
All of mine shut down. I checked every one. Perhaps they made a change. Mine was built in 02/11

·
Registered
844 Posts
Please wait 10 minutes without opening the doors or otherwise disturbing the vehicle and try that again. (Use your other index finger this time)!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thanks for the encourangement, just re-entered the car.
Everything looked quite cool.
Took out the lighter.
My DOT winked twice, but I ignored it once again.
Did not want to burn other index, so dripped in some water.
Saw some steam and smelled a burnining sensation.
Anyone knows how to recharge the battery?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I also have my V1 plugged into the the cig. lighter. Don't worry about it, no problem. The F10 for some reason keeps the lighter hot for about 8 minutes after you shut everything down. Your V1 will stay on, but it's never been a drain on my battery. You'll also notice that it gets hot again in anticipation of your starting the car whenever you open the doors or trunk. You can't program that to stay off. It's a little bit of a pain, but you'll get use to it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok guys. You are correct. I waited the 10 min and it did shut off. What a relief. We can all go back now to our regular scheduled programs. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok guys. You are correct. I waited the 10 min and it did shut off. What a relief. We can all go back now to our regular scheduled programs. Thanks for the help.
You can verify the lighter socket goes cold after 8-10 minutes by approaching car *without keyfob in your pocket* and verifying the V1 lights have gone off. Approaching car with key-fob will "wake up" vehicle and the cig lighter

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've never had that problem with comfort access. The V1 will light up when the socket is hot and on mine it only goes hot when I open the doors, trunk or touch one of the door handles. I keep my FOB on me and the socket has never gone hot by just approaching the car.

You can verify the lighter socket goes cold after 8-10 minutes by approaching car *without keyfob in your pocket* and verifying the V1 lights have gone off. Approaching car with key-fob will "wake up" vehicle and the cig lighter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.