BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the current lease deal on the BMW website is any good? Or is there a better deal coming up?

2008 BMW 528i Sedan Lease Offer
$549*/month for 36 months

Vehicles registered outside of N.Y.
$549 First month's payment
$2,500 Down payment
$550 Security deposit

$3,599 Cash due at signing

(What is the money factor and depreciation on this deal?)

Would you lease a 5 series? Or buy one? I would like to keep this car for 10 years but people say it's expensive to maintain a BMW. So it's smarter to lease. What do you think?
A friend also told me that the dealer will usually give you a good deal after the lease ends, so its a win-win situation. Is this true?

:rolleyes: Sorry if I'm asking too many questions. Any answer is appreciated.

It's all I can think of all day.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The best way to lease a BMW is to track down the money factor at a place like e60 dot net. Check owner loyalty lease programs that BMW might offer repeat customers. Also track down US MSRP and US Wholesale pricing. Track down what others are paying above US Wholesale pricing. Negotiate the price first to get what others are getting the car for or close to it and a lease at the "buy rate". It is important that they agree to the buy rate which is the lease rate for them without a markup. They are making money on the car. The lease paperwork takes 15 minutes to complete. You need to use Lease Wizard Software to determine your monthly payments. Look for math errors in their numbers and hidden charges in their numbers. They always make math errors on the deals in their favor. You discover them. They apologize and fix the numbers. Finally only when your math and their math agree do you sign the deal. Even then you check the paperwork for more misunderstandings where a BMW dealer will try to make a few extra bucks. The very good dealers and not so good dealers all do the same thing. You can save yourself thousands of dollars on a 3 year lease by doing this. the key thing is acquire the knowledge of the pricing of all the things that go into a lease and use the $30 lease wizard software.

The absolute best way to get a great deal is to do Euro Delivery and lease the car. For this there are other ways that the dealers commonly screw the BMW purchaser that one needs to be aware. See my posts on that here and at e60 dot net. Also on a 5 series you can get $1000 back as a rebate from BMW Car Club of America. A 3 year lease doing European Delivery and using these strategies is the cheapest way to drive a BMW.

BMW is fine company but they turn their head the other way as BMW dealers, like other US car companies do, go about fleecing naive BMW purchasers on the lease. In leasing, lying, duplicity, math errors in the dealers favor, hidden charges are routine activities by the BMW dealer. If BMW wanted to be an industry leader in the purchase experience the would require the dealers to lay out the numbers and the math on every lease deal. Instead naive purchasers are excited to see what appears to be a low monthly rate that is still loaded with an obscene amount of profit for the dealership.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Actually, the best way to track a money factor is right here on bimmerfest over in the Ask-A-Dealer subforum. There is a sticky that will let you know what the MF for each month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts