Tan color interior anyone have any recommendations
Of a kit? Also, is the dash vinyl or leather? I can also take
Pictures of the cleaning accessories I
Am using. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you recommend installing drill and slotted rotors, I had some of these rotors on my old mustang and they work well thinking about doing an upgrade for my BMW. Also, what do you suggest on brakes? Ceramic?

·
Registered
987 Posts
If your dash is not stitched, then it is not leather. The doors should be half and half unless you have extended leather, then it will be 100% leather (again look for stitching)

Okay second gear for breaks... Lots of info out there on this one. I used Akibono ceramics and eliminated my brake dust problems. Drilled and slotted rotors look nice and are helpful if you are tracking your car because they dissipate heat so well. If your car is a street driver then I'd suggest solid rotors. Yorgi loves the OEM's and a couple other 3rd party rotors. You should read his DIY. I used Zimmerman rotors with my Akibonos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information I really appreciated. I got a quote from the BMW that my brakes (front) would cost almost $843 while replacing the rotors since BMW does NOT turn their rotors. But I think I might just put drill and slotted. How can I post pictures on here? Photobucket?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Be careful, not all rotors are created equal. I put drilled and slotted rotors on my F250 Powerstroke to help dissipate heat and they lasted about 12k miles. Pads wore really quickly and rotors got scored. I usually tow trailers with the truck though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.