Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems on these boards people build a fair amount with the M Sport Package but this doesn't seem to translate over IRL. Given, these forums are a small amount of BMW owners but still, has anyone else noticed not too many M Sports in their area?

Coming from SoCal, I've seen one. Actually since building my Bluestone 540 last week I've seen four G30s, one with and three without. First time I saw Bluestone in the wild was last week.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Seems on these boards people build a fair amount with the M Sport Package but this doesn't seem to translate over IRL. Given, these forums are a small amount of BMW owners but still, has anyone else noticed not too many M Sports in their area?

Coming from SoCal, I've seen one. Actually since building my Bluestone 540 last week I've seen four G30s, one with and three without. First time I saw Bluestone in the wild was last week.
They’re pretty rare in the CPO market. I was looking for over 3 months till my car went for sale with msport with the other options that I wanted.
Most CPO’s right now are loaner cars and dealers don’t like to order loaners with it for some reason.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
This is very unscientific, but I'd actually say I see at least as many M-Sports on the road as non.

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,746 Posts
In MD/DC/VA MSport is almost the norm. Besides changing things up a bit, I knew immediately I would add MSport to my 3rd 5 (‘18 540i), for resale purposes, where my previous ones lacked it. Almost every dealer used listing in this area has MSport.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Here in Chicago I see them often enough but most of the CPO ones I saw for sale when I bought mine last week seemed to be non-M cars. Mine was either a loaner or a demo - leased it with 4500k miles on the odo

·
silberma1
197 Posts
Had a 2018 540 with the M Sport package which I hates. After a few months traded it in for a 2019 without the package. The ride is now much better especially without the firmer suspension and without the 20" wheels.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
540ix M-Sport is all we can get in Canada for some reason. Other variants aren't even available.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe it has to do with location. I actually see a lot of F10 M Sports but not so much the G30s. Usually there's an over abundance of BMWs here in the San Diego area

·
Registered
24 Posts
540ix M-Sport is all we can get in Canada for some reason. Other variants aren't even available.
It has to do with the xDrive. If you want AWD you need to buy the M-Sport package, and in Canada the 540i is only available in AWD. So said my Sales guy when I bought my 2017.

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,746 Posts
It has to do with the xDrive. If you want AWD you need to buy the M-Sport package, and in Canada the 540i is only available in AWD. So said my Sales guy when I bought my 2017.
In the U.S., XDrive does not require MSport. MSport is an option on XDrive, just like with RWD.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's right and I don't know the reason. Just like the options are packaged differently in Canada. Also, they don't have that old hybrid instrument cluster, only the dynamic digital, and the ambient air fragarance is available as well as the 4 zone climate control, whereas they are not in the US, just to name a few differences.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
M Sport is a certain look that not everyone likes on top of cost/benefits of it. Could contribute to seeing less of them on the road

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
418 Posts
In the UK, I see about 75% M Sports. That's across the board with 3/5/7 series I would say. We only get M Sport or SE - no luxury line or sport line. The M Sport doesn't cost that much more than the SE IMO, and comes with extras that most people want so it's cost effective.

·
Here since day one
7,182 Posts
Had a 2018 540 with the M Sport package which I hates. After a few months traded it in for a 2019 without the package. The ride is now much better especially without the firmer suspension and without the 20" wheels.
I have the dynamic dampers on my M sport with the 19” wheels and find the ride really comfortable. I never drove an M sport without this feature so I can’t compare it but I think also that you went with 19” wheels this time around makes a difference as well.

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,746 Posts
I have the dynamic dampers on my M sport with the 19” wheels and find the ride really comfortable. I never drove an M sport without this feature so I can’t compare it but I think also that you went with 19” wheels this time around makes a difference as well.
+1. My '18 540i Msport has 19's without dynamic dampers. Ride is not harsh at all. There was really only a slight difference, compared with non-M, during my initial test drives before I ordered mine. I think the 20's may have been the source of the hard ride.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've only seen one other M550i so far since getting mine in December but less than 10 of the M-sport
Haven't seen an M550 on the road yet, which is hard to believe. That and the M Sport stand out which again not everyone wants that "sporty look". But as another said, getting the M Sport with the added features it offers is comparable to building a luxury or sportsline so why not just upgrade?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts