BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed something wierd, at least I cant explain it.

I picked up my registration the other day. The date on my registration says 4/30/2002. The thing is I took delivery 5/24/2002 and I know the car arrived in Hawaii 5/19/2002.

So why APRIL?????

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Go back to the registration office and tell the guy/gal to wear a sombrero next time when walking to the office :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alex Baumann said:
Go back to the registration office and tell the guy/gal to wear a sombrero next time when walking to the office :D
So yes wierd, no not wierd?? I should ask them to check again??

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alex Baumann said:

I think the easiest and quickest way to find it out is to call them :)
I have a feeling its another mistake my dealer made...... :mad:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
bimmee said:
I noticed something wierd, at least I cant explain it.

I picked up my registration the other day. The date on my registration says 4/30/2002. The thing is I took delivery 5/24/2002 and I know the car arrived in Hawaii 5/19/2002.

So why APRIL?????
Premature birth? I agree, it looks to me that the dealer may have made a mistake.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, just called vehicle registration division. The lady told me thats how its supposed to be, since they can only charge for 12 months. So 12 months from may(including may) this year is april next year.... so..... :confused: :dunno: :confused: its april....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
bimmee said:
ok, just called vehicle registration division. The lady told me thats how its supposed to be, since they can only charge for 12 months. So 12 months from may(including may) this year is april next year.... so..... :confused: :dunno: :confused: its april....
That sound kind off bogus....you mean next year's registration will say March?? Sounds like your paying for twelve months and getting only 11 ???

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The registration says it expires April 2003 so the next time i pay, i will be paying for may 2003 and on. Also checked with someone who also recently bought a car, his is the same. So i guess its ok...phew!!! :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lesson learned: Dont pick up a new car towards the end of the month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.