BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Is the sound quality with an ICELINK IPOD set up as good as a CD?

976 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  TTVIPER
I've tried playing my Ipod through the Cassette player and the RF modulator and the sound blows..I'm hoping that when I go the ICELINK route the sound quality will be as good as a CD.

Comments??

Thanks

Jeff
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
The sound quality will be exactly as if you were listening to the ipod through the headphones. It all depends on the compression of the MP3s.
TTVIPER said:
I've tried playing my Ipod through the Cassette player and the RF modulator and the sound blows..I'm hoping that when I go the ICELINK route the sound quality will be as good as a CD.

Comments??

Thanks

Jeff
well, with that comparison, you bring the headphones into the equation. .. ;)

But, yeah, it's line-level, line-quality, so it's as good as you can get it. (I'm speaking about the aux-in, but it's essentially the same). Any sound problems are a result of either the iPod's limits, the limits of the mp3 quality, or the limits of your car stereo.
The sound quality will be exactly as if you were listening to the ipod through the headphones. It all depends on the compression of the MP3s.
It was the kind of the point I was getting to, the ice>Link Plus is not going to make a poor quality MP3 sound like CD quality.

The best way to describe the bitrates would be:

FM quality :64-92 kbps
MP3: 128-192kbps
CD Quality: 192+kbps

Hope this helps!
Tanning machine said:
well, with that comparison, you bring the headphones into the equation. .. ;)

But, yeah, it's line-level, line-quality, so it's as good as you can get it. (I'm speaking about the aux-in, but it's essentially the same). Any sound problems are a result of either the iPod's limits, the limits of the mp3 quality, or the limits of your car stereo.
Thanks for the Feedback !!

Tom, I'll see you on Monday :thumbup:

Jeff
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.