Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mostly Reading
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sunvisor is about the worst part of my E46, and the E65 I drove last week had a similar unit. There doesn't seem to be any more room to put a dual-sunvisor, or a better one, but do the Euro cars have a different one? This one seems to be a little cheap and flimsy for the price of the car. Heck, my '96 Explorer has a dual sunvisor that is at least sturdier than my E46's.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Um, your E46 won't roll over at the first sign of under-inflated tires?

Really, what would you want, BMW that builds a Yugo like ride but with the biggest, baddest sun visor that has built in DVD player, and is gold plated, and will block your entire windshield when deployed, or BMW that builds cars that drive like BMWs and a functional but minimalistic sun visor?

BMW build ultimate driving machines, not ultimate sun visors.

·
Mostly Reading
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The HACK said:
Um, your E46 won't roll over at the first sign of under-inflated tires?

Really, what would you want, BMW that builds a Yugo like ride but with the biggest, baddest sun visor that has built in DVD player, and is gold plated, and will block your entire windshield when deployed, or BMW that builds cars that drive like BMWs and a functional but minimalistic sun visor?

BMW build ultimate driving machines, not ultimate sun visors.
Yes, I realize all that, but I expected more than Yugo visors from a BMW. The visor rattled around so badly in the E65 I drove that it was distracting. Just doesn't fit with the rest of the car.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
If you want to try to make a dual visor, you can have mine. At 6' 5" I have never found a use for them in any car, other than to hold my garage door opener. Wait, I think I used to clip my old passport radar detector on there in another car..

Maybe they are good for something, but in my car the "sun" has nothing to do with it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts