Bimmerfest BMW banner

Is there a "Lactation Room" at your work?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • What the heck is a "Lactation Room"

Votes: 4 20.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a Privacy Room "Lactation Room" at your work?

One of my employees is in charge of real estate planning and it has been requested that she build a Privacy Room "Lactation Room". Now we are busy fussing about which budget, corporate or departmental etc…

This is the first one I am aware of at my work location, I was just wondering how common these are becoming now days?

T

·
0 Posts
My wife's company has one and she has used it.

[SERIOUS]As a parent, you can't overstate the benefits to a baby of mothers milk over formula. Period. And anything a company can do to make it easier for a mother to continue nursing after she goes back to work is a HUGE benefit to the baby. It costs a company very little to set up and it makes life so much easier for the mom.[/SERIOUS]

Moooo!!

·
3,762 Posts
No place that I've ever worked has had one. That's really surprising, considering the importance of giving your child real breast milk. My wife had to use an empty office (works for a dental office) and lock the door.

·
5,820 Posts
TD said:
My wife's company has one and she has used it.

[SERIOUS]As a parent, you can't overstate the benefits to a baby of mothers milk over formula. Period. And anything a company can do to make it easier for a mother to continue nursing after she goes back to work is a HUGE benefit to the baby. It costs a company very little to set up and it makes life so much easier for the mom.[/SERIOUS]

Moooo!!
How long did she/is she nursing? I've seen it up to 5 years.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I was thinking it was for those that are Lactose Intolerant and have to deal with horrible gas after eating dairy. They would have their own room to just fart it all out.......

:D

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
onsite day care facility as well?

i would presume then that the baby must be fairly close by...and logic says that since mom is working there is a daycare at place of work. now that must add up the costs. i haven't heard of such facilities in any company i've worked at/visited before.

any company/employer that goes to this extent to care for their employees is definitely one worth working for.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Re: onsite day care facility as well?

ChrisTO said:
i would presume then that the baby must be fairly close by...and logic says that since mom is working there is a daycare at place of work. now that must add up the costs. i haven't heard of such facilities in any company i've worked at/visited before.

any company/employer that goes to this extent to care for their employees is definitely one worth working for.
I think this is a wonderful thing. Breast feeding comes only behind stay at home parent as far as child nurturing and raising.

I do however would like to add.. I think it is flat wrong, even ammoral to place these centers at high schools. And, there are <i>some</i> high schools with these. my 2 centablos

T

·
0 Posts
Re: onsite day care facility as well?

ChrisTO said:

Actually the "facility" is used to pump and then the pumped milk is transported home in a thermal bag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts