BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I need to do is fly in and out as soon as possible. It is because of businesss. Surely someone has written up the process of flying in, going to the plant, dropping off car harms and flying out...
I am looking for a detailed link... Any information or suggestions?
Love to stay longer, but need to do it on business... and no choice in the matter!

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
Do a search. Many have done it in one day. You need an hour to get to the delivery center, an hour or two to get processed and get the car, another hour to drop off the car and get processed, and maybe another hour to get to the airport. It is no big deal. Just get a flight that arrives early and one that leaves late.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Arrive morning, have Rolf waiting to pick you up, pick up car at Freiman while Rolf waits, drive to Harms with Rolf leading the way, drop off and hop in with Rolf back to the airport...

·
friend of the marque
4,943 Posts
Easily done: Rolf!

·
Travel Fever
2,745 Posts
I am not sure the best route to MUC from St. Louis. Assuming a connection @ JFK, if you managed to arrive @ JFK before 1900, you could catch a direct flight to MUC @ 2000. That flight would arrive @ around 1000 the next day. You should have enough time to sign the paperwork and drop off the car, even a lunch @ Munich, before catching a flight, say 1500, to your business destination.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
mason said:
I am not sure the best route to MUC from St. Louis. Assuming a connection @ JFK, if you managed to arrive @ JFK before 1900, you could catch a direct flight to MUC @ 2000. That flight would arrive @ around 1000 the next day. You should have enough time to sign the paperwork and drop off the car, even a lunch @ Munich, before catching a flight, say 1500, to your business destination.
Ja but this doesn't take into account delays on multiple points.

When I flew to München in November (several trips ago), to pick up the 330xi, we had 2 h delays leaving JFK due to thunderstorms and then an hour delay due to fog at MUC. The lie-flat seats came in very handy during that trip.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Jspira said:
Ja but this doesn't take into account delays on multiple points.

The lie-flat seats came in very handy during that trip.
Enough already with the subtle hint that you fly 1st class. It is getting old and we don't care. What we do care about is your incredible annoying sig. Please lose it.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
DBU said:
Enough already with the subtle hint that you fly 1st class. It is getting old and we don't care. What we do care about is your incredible annoying sig. Please loose it.
Only thing annoying is your post - maybe consider something else that should be lost. :p

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
Jspira said:
Only thing annoying is your post - maybe consider something else that should be lost. :p
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
277 Posts
DBU said:
Enough already with the subtle hint that you fly 1st class. It is getting old and we don't care. What we do care about is your incredible annoying sig. Please loose it.
Wow, you have some major jealousy issues. Get over it. It was just a comment.:eek:

·
Registered
324 Posts
DavidNY said:
Wow, you have some major jealousy issues. Get over it. It was just a comment.:eek:
+1 !!!

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
1st class is for suckers

DBU said:
People seem to revel in the fact that a small flat chair in a non-private room is a great place to be for 13 hours. I do travel, try and fly in the highest class possible, and enjoy it, but prefer to limit it as much as possible. If the Star Trek transporter was available - I'd use it any day (come on BMW - invent that).

So, when Jspira is lying in his flat seat, I'm lounging out in a queen bed watching my wide screen TV, with my surround sound stereo. I honestly wouldn't prefer to be in that first class seat. Now I really long for that king size...

Keep it up Jspira - the board is a much better place with you, and your direct and opinionated comments!

·
Happily Driving
7,205 Posts
DBU said:
Enough already with the subtle hint that you fly 1st class. It is getting old and we don't care. What we do care about is your incredible annoying sig. Please lose it.
All I can say is :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk::( :( :( .

·
Vorsitzer
344 Posts
I agree that those of us who travel on business to Europe or Asia frequently (where I go), have a different set of requirements for accomidations. We are expected to work when we arrive. For tourist travel such as ED, value is more important and the delivery center is fun, not work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
vrrooom said:
I agree that those of us who travel on business to Europe or Asia frequently (where I go), have a different set of requirements for accomidations. We are expected to work when we arrive. For tourist travel such as ED, value is more important and the delivery center is fun, not work.
Unless of course the boss (spouse) sets the requirements for accomodations. In that case my requirements are hers :) Amazing how those things work.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
EVERYONE TAKE A CHILL PILL! IT'S FRIDAY :fruit:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts