1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I get into the car:

1- Volume is always low although I always leave it at a much higher volume

2- Ac always turns on even though I shut it off on my last drive

3-I have to push car ignition twice to shut off the info display"radio when getting out of the car.

Any way to code these?

Thanks

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,072 Posts

3-I have to push car ignition twice to shut off the info display"radio when getting out of the car.

Any way to code these?

Thanks
Can't code 2 or 3. But for 3, if you press once, the radio will shut off when you lock the doors after leaving the car.

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
Banned
10,015 Posts

Any way to code these?
Jumpin' Jasper, man! Why would you want to change what has been painstakingly designed for you? Look mrminsky, BMW Engineering knows what it's doing, and knows better than you!

Do as you're told.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,072 Posts
Jumpin' Jasper, man! Why would you want to change what has been painstakingly designed for you? Look mrminsky, BMW Engineering knows what it's doing, and knows better than you!

Do as you're told.
Finally someone will tell it like it is, rather than make up BS excuses as to why BMW has to do certain thing differently....

·
Super Moderator
3,654 Posts
My AC remains off. The fan is on but not through ac compressor. I have a 2013 US spec 320i (F30).

·
Registered
68 Posts
re: #2- I never noticed that the AC remains "on" even if it's turned "off" before leaving car. But maybe because here in S. Florida I usually have it turned on every drive anyway. If this is indeed how BMW has coded the car, what exactly is the reasoning behind that? BMW usually has what they believe is a "good" reason for things like that.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,072 Posts
My AC remains off. The fan is on but not through ac compressor. I have a 2013 US spec 320i (F30).
I think he means the system, not the AC function.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your input... Not sure about a couple of the answers here..... I have the car for a few months and I love it for sure... However these little "quirks" do get on my nerve. I figure that these things can easily be programmed .....So perhaps can remain off and the one push would take care of 2/3 issues... Not sure why the volume must go back to low. Thank you all for your input. I will stop by the dealer for a quick fix

·
Registered
227 Posts
re: #2- I never noticed that the AC remains "on" even if it's turned "off" before leaving car. But maybe because here in S. Florida I usually have it turned on every drive anyway. If this is indeed how BMW has coded the car, what exactly is the reasoning behind that? BMW usually has what they believe is a "good" reason for things like that.
There have been quite a few threads on this subject and the consensus was that it dries the air in the system so it doesn't smell like old socks after a few years. No idea if that's true, but bimmerfest has spoken so...

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
There have been quite a few threads on this subject and the consensus was that it dries the air in the system so it doesn't smell like old socks after a few years. No idea if that's true, but bimmerfest has spoken so...
A/C usually comes on automatically to maintain preset temp, or prevent window fogging.

·
Registered
227 Posts
A/C usually comes on automatically to maintain preset temp, or prevent window fogging.
Agreed, but the threads I have seen usually involve someone who is not from Florida or California who turns the system off completely and is complaining it turns back on at the lowest fan speed on restart. That said, as someone who lives in a hot climate I love the BMW system for the reasons you outlined. I don't have to mess with the settings to see out the windows anymore

1 - 12 of 12 Posts