Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Not topless in NE
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like to be (past, present or future)? There was another post where someone (probably more than one person) said something like: "To be young again..." and it got me thinking. I really like the age that I am and where I am in "life". Maybe it is the latter that I am more pleased about which makes that age question insignificant. I wouldn't want to be "young-er" again. For the record I am almost 34.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
OK, I would like to be perpetually in my 30's, but with the accumulated wisdom from 30-40. (I'm 40)
It just seems that in your 30's you can't see the old age horizon, but at 40 it seems alarmingly close.
:p

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
ah, to be young again....that may have been me:bigpimp:

I'm happy (at almost 45) but if I could do it over again, I would have done a few things different in High School and College.........and after college I spent a few years traveling the world with a few rock and roll bands, I wish I had taken about 1-2 thousand pictures, instead of the few that I did take:thumbdwn:

·
superwagon pilot
1,388 Posts
There's a small part of me that wish's I could go back to college knowing everything I know now and do it over. My first attempt at it was a great growing experience for me, but it would be interesting to go in as a freshman the way I am today with a much better understanding of the world around me.

I'm very content with what I've accomplished and who I am, there are just some things I would have liked to have done differently getting to here.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
I really wish I could go back to the Air Force. Sure I was poor, sure, I could only afford beer and pizza. SUre, I was overseas 1/2 the time, and sure, I could rely on USAF to take care of me 100%. Wait, yeah thats it, It meant no worries, never before has there been such an abundance of good guys. People who would go out and bust thier asses off just to get a plane in the air for a training run. People there always worked hard cuz if you didnt pull your weight, you would get discharged or transferred real fast.

The laughs, the tricks, the missions. Man, I would do anything to go back to those times. Sometimes. Life is of course better now, I make decent money, and a great wife. But, I will always miss those days. I joined when I was 17, kicked out of the house. And it paid off.

·
Here since day one
7,180 Posts
I'm almost 34 and love this age . . . I have fun with my kids, enjoy a lot of good times with my wife and seem to have the best outlook on life that I ever had . . .

It seems as you get older in life, things get better . . . of course you have your problems along the way but what would life be like without them !?!?

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Right now? I'd like to start over from square one BUT I'm having a bad day. Ask me tomorrow and I'd have a much more optimistic answer.

·
Registered
546 Posts
For the record, I'm 27, and I skipped weeks of school at a time to follow bands around the midwest, I wouldn't trade the experience for the world, nor would I ever do it again.

I agree with Tim. I like where I am. I've got a good job, a beautiful/loving/understanding wife and 2 stinky beagles.

I'm of the opinion that if you did go back to high school and/or college knowing what you now know, you'd be either bored stiff or extemely frusterated with the relative lack of intelligence your new (old?) age group displays. Eventually, to quote Dr. Evil, you'd be overcome with the sort of general malaise that genius possess and the insane lament.

·
Grumpy and Cynical
7,642 Posts
Just turned 36 last week. I like my late 20's. Injuries sure heal faster back then. Had more hair :), and ate as much as I want without gaining a belly. What would I have changed? Well, for one thing, I would have SOLD some of my stocks and CASHED out the stock options at a company that I worked for a lot earlier.

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts