Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
into things retro
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there was this very nice article about the Pacific Sharkfest. 6 Series are cool - nice job. BUT . . .

Could someone at the 'Roundel' explain to me, the HUNDREDS of other people at Bimmerfest West 2002 and everyone else on this forum how they managed to cover one California event of 75 people in 40 cars and managed to miss an event with HUNDREDS of people with HUNDREDS of cars? WTH? :dunno:

At least HACK got in a nice polite little jab hoping they could spare a journalist for next year's event.
 

·
A sudden sense of liberty
Joined
·
3,939 Posts
Re: Is there anyone from the 'Roundel' on this board? I just got the current issue and

scottn2retro said:
there was this very nice article about the Pacific Sharkfest. 6 Series are cool - nice job. BUT . . .

Could someone at the 'Roundel' explain to me, the HUNDREDS of other people at Bimmerfest West 2002 and everyone else on this forum how they managed to cover one California event of 75 people in 40 cars and managed to miss an event with HUNDREDS of people with HUNDREDS of cars? WTH? :dunno:

At least HACK got in a nice polite little jab hoping they could spare a journalist for next year's event.
Spare a journalist? Why don't one of you guys take a crack at writing something up and submitting it? I know they take articles from members; I bet if you called them and said, hey, we had this huge meet out here and I'd like to give you X column inches on it they would be interested.
 

·
Exit Flagger
Joined
·
287 Posts
Re: Re: Is there anyone from the 'Roundel' on this board? I just got the current issue and

JST said:


Spare a journalist? Why don't one of you guys take a crack at writing something up and submitting it? I know they take articles from members; I bet if you called them and said, hey, we had this huge meet out here and I'd like to give you X column inches on it they would be interested.

I agree!
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
WTF? You already got your Roundel? I'm always the last one...

It usually takes till the middle of the month before I receive mine. :mad: Time to have a nice talk to my mailman.
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Ack said:


I saw your other post about 2003 changes; rough morning already? It's Friday. :D
Oh, you know my hot buttons. :D

Haven't had my morning coffee yet and I'm already hard at work for more than an hour.
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
The HACK said:
WTF? You already got your Roundel? I'm always the last one...

It usually takes till the middle of the month before I receive mine. :mad: Time to have a nice talk to my mailman.
Heehee, I got mine yesterday. :D But I seem to get mine about halfway into the mailing cycle or later. There have been months where I don't get my current issue till after a couple of people have gotten the next one.

I also got an offer for a CCA/MBNA plastic, but there weren't any special benefits so I tossed it.
 

·
Not topless in NE
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
That is strange because I

received mine last week sometime. I did notice Dan's article in it too. Damn, I just remembered that I forgot it at home though :(
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Kaz said:

I also got an offer for a CCA/MBNA plastic, but there weren't any special benefits so I tossed it.
Ditto...Except it's sent to my wife, not me. I guess they know who the big spender in the household is. ;)
 

·
In Mod Heaven
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
The HACK said:


Oh, you know my hot buttons. :D

Haven't had my morning coffee yet and I'm already hard at work for more than an hour.
As soon as I read the post, I kinda laughed to myself. I was thinking, "how many times have people posted this and how many times has Hack responded?". If people would only use the search function we wouldn't get the same post every few days. Nothing against new members, I'm pretty new here myself. :)

I got my Roundel issue last week. I read Dan's post after someone here noticed it. It was a really nice letter.

I still need to get out to the West coast for the next 'fest, the furthest west I've been is Panama City, Fl. :tsk:
 

·
into things retro
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried not to be a duplicate thread . . .

My thread was more directed at the Roundels missing the event than HACKs letter. I didn't post a reply to those previous threads because I hadn't gotten my copy yet and could not comment, but HACKs letter drives the point home. HACK, I'm curious - did they print your letter exactly the way you submitted it? :dunno:

The reason I ask is a couple of people on this thread suggested submitting our own article. I have submitted letters to the Roundel before that got published, but not in the way that I submitted them. If the Roundel is going to take creative license with other people's material that they publish, I would rather they just write their own material in the first place.
 

·
M Mad
Joined
·
10,479 Posts
Re: Tried not to be a duplicate thread . . .

scottn2retro said:
My thread was more directed at the Roundels missing the event than HACKs letter. I didn't post a reply to those previous threads because I hadn't gotten my copy yet and could not comment, but HACKs letter drives the point home. HACK, I'm curious - did they print your letter exactly the way you submitted it? :dunno:

The reason I ask is a couple of people on this thread suggested submitting our own article. I have submitted letters to the Roundel before that got published, but not in the way that I submitted them. If the Roundel is going to take creative license with other people's material that they publish, I would rather they just write their own material in the first place.
The one letter I have written got published exactly the way I wrote it.

Typically publications edit articles, but do not edit letters to the editor, except for spelling corrections, and sometimes not even that. Depends on whether they want to help your opinion along or not. :D
 

·
into things retro
Joined
·
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, come on . . .

What could I possibly write that they would not want anyone to see? :angel:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top