BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the current 328i x-drive or steptronic credit expires June 30. If I can not finalize the purchase by June 30 is it likely that there is going to be a similar July deal or not. I don't know if July is usually a slower mont that Jume or is ist the other way around.

·
energetik9
2,361 Posts
I hope there will be something!!! I sign the financing papers next month, so I'm crossing my fingers. As we continue to get closer the end of the model year, the odds improve on some new incentives.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered a 328 X-Drive today but as I'm getting a 2010 model and the "auto" deal only applied to vehicles that were in the country I didn't get the credit. My sales guy was pretty sure that the deal would be extended and if it is I should be eligible for it when my car arrives in late Aug. I'm sure hoping that he is right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ordering a 2010 328xi

I would love to get a 2010 model instead, but the salesman that was staying late at the officedidn't think that they can sell one yet not did they know the model details and prices. On the other hand the X-drive credit seemed to be ok as long as is extended into July (it was a June special deal), which they should know later today. My time limitation problem is I need to have it delivered by around July 24 in Munich but that seems to be in line with late August delivery here.

I would also love to know what kind of a deal you got.

·
energetik9
2,361 Posts
Just checked. Nothing yet on the web site. Crossing my fingers!

·
Registered
47 Posts
VKB.... I had no trouble ordering a 2010,I don't know why your sales guy would tell you that. I went to two different dealerships and went with the one that offered me the best deal. They both checked the on-line inventory to try to find what I wanted but in the colour and interior I wanted there was nothing availiable.
I'm hoping that I get a July build date which would mean delivery at the end of August. The first dealer told me they could get a July date but the second said they couldn't guarantee it. Worst case scenario is a August build with a Sept. delivery.

·
energetik9
2,361 Posts
Probably not a secret now. Looks like 328 offers steptronic or x-drive and 1.9% for the sedans. Only thing on coupes is 1.9% financing. I just noticed that there is a 2010 tab. Interest rates on the 2010 is at 2.9% but it only shows the 5 series. Nothing there on the 3.

That's just the factory numbers. I guess I can still hope for a rebate or incentive cash? Don't think I'll hold my breath. Guess I'll call my CA tomorrow and see what he knows.

·
Registered
897 Posts
VKB.... I had no trouble ordering a 2010,I don't know why your sales guy would tell you that. I went to two different dealerships and went with the one that offered me the best deal. They both checked the on-line inventory to try to find what I wanted but in the colour and interior I wanted there was nothing availiable.
I'm hoping that I get a July build date which would mean delivery at the end of August. The first dealer told me they could get a July date but the second said they couldn't guarantee it. Worst case scenario is a August build with a Sept. delivery.
I've been away from here for a couple of years, but I have never heard of a "next year model" with an August build date. They usually shut down the factory for the entire month of August (in Germany at least) and the first build dates for the next model year are usually not until first week in September, which translates to mid-October delivery on the east coast of the US. Has this changed?

·
energetik9
2,361 Posts
I've been away from here for a couple of years, but I have never heard of a "next year model" with an August build date. They usually shut down the factory for the entire month of August (in Germany at least) and the first build dates for the next model year are usually not until first week in September, which translates to mid-October delivery on the east coast of the US. Has this changed?
I think you're right. Factory is shut down in August from what I understand.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think you're right. Factory is shut down in August from what I understand.
Sounds like either he is getting a build from South Africa maybe? Or he's found two dealers who are trying to get his deposit and then going to at some point tell him that he's not gonna get his car till October. I'd be surprised if this was the case, but ...

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
as everyone else said, the first 2010s wont be produced till after the factory shutdown and retool in aug. last of the 09s are produced i believe the 3rd week of aug. 2010s start prod in September...

your july/aug build cars are going to be MY 2009 cars, sorry.

only the E60 got an early start to 2010, march of this year, but its going to run probably till end of prod.

·
Registered
897 Posts
as everyone else said, the first 2010s wont be produced till after the factory shutdown and retool in aug. last of the 09s are produced i believe the 3rd week of aug. 2010s start prod in September...

your july/aug build cars are going to be MY 2009 cars, sorry.

only the E60 got an early start to 2010, march of this year, but its going to run probably till end of prod.
Actually, I don't even think an August build will be a MY 2009, because I don't believe an August build is even possible.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
Actually, I don't even think an August build will be a MY 2009, because I don't believe an August build is even possible.
my E46 was an early august build... it hit port of NJ 9/11/2001 :(

·
Enjoying Your Money
572 Posts
Not sure about incentives but to get the best deal on the rate all you have to do is to lock the rate. Fill out their credit app and let your dealer lock the rate for you so when you're finally ready to buy you get to choose which rate you want to go with.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
Ah ... I guess the factory shutdown begins after the first week in August.
about the second week. IIRC, my car finished prod the 15th of aug, and was one of the last 2001s off the line in munich.

i was kicking myself because the 2002 got a facelift.

·
Registered
47 Posts
OOOOP's I went home and checked my sales contract and my July (hopefully) build is a 2009. I assumed because of all their talk about being the end of the model year and a very limited supply plus the ordering thing that I would be getting a 2010. I should hear tomorrow if my car will be built this month. They didn't say anything about the factory being closed in Aug. when I was there. In fact they said worse case scenario I would get an Aug. build with a late Sept. delivery.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts