BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Ive been talking to a few BMW dealers in Cali and AZ and here is the best offer I have on the table. Its for a 2012 528i lease. 15k miles/36mos. He is asking for $2700 down, $731 per month (incl tax). The MRSP on the website is $55,345 and he says he's knocked it down to $50,500.
I dont know the MF etc info.
I actually have him ready with the papers and gonna pick up the car tomorrow but I'm not so sure if its a stellar deal... What do u think?

Options on the car:

Premium Pkg -Inc: Pwr Trunk Lid Open/close, Integrated 3-Button Universal Garage Door Opener, Front & Rear Park Distance Control, Dakota Leather Upholstery & Door Trim (req: Lc** Dakota Leather Or Na** Nappa Leather Seat Trim)
Comfort Access Keyless Entry W/multi-Function Remote Control
18-Way Power-Adjustable Multi-Contour Front Bucket Seats -Inc: 4-Way Lumbar Support, Articulated Upper Backrests, Driver & Passenger-Seat Memory, Adjustable Thigh Support
Heated Front Seats
Bmw Apps W/smartphone Integration
Hard Drive-Based Navigation System -Inc: Voice Feedback, Voice Command System, Real Time Traffic Information
Sirius Satellite Radio W/1-Year Subscription

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hi, Ive been talking to a few BMW dealers in Cali and AZ and here is the best offer I have on the table. Its for a 2012 528i lease. 15k miles/36mos. He is asking for $2700 down, $731 per month (incl tax). The MRSP on the website is $55,345 and he says he's knocked it down to $50,500.
I dont know the MF etc info.
I actually have him ready with the papers and gonna pick up the car tomorrow but I'm not so sure if its a stellar deal... What do u think?

Options on the car:

Premium Pkg -Inc: Pwr Trunk Lid Open/close, Integrated 3-Button Universal Garage Door Opener, Front & Rear Park Distance Control, Dakota Leather Upholstery & Door Trim (req: Lc** Dakota Leather Or Na** Nappa Leather Seat Trim)
Comfort Access Keyless Entry W/multi-Function Remote Control
18-Way Power-Adjustable Multi-Contour Front Bucket Seats -Inc: 4-Way Lumbar Support, Articulated Upper Backrests, Driver & Passenger-Seat Memory, Adjustable Thigh Support
Heated Front Seats
Bmw Apps W/smartphone Integration
Hard Drive-Based Navigation System -Inc: Voice Feedback, Voice Command System, Real Time Traffic Information
Sirius Satellite Radio W/1-Year Subscription
Okay, its funny really, this is probably the 3rd or 4th thread this week:) Anyways:

1) Don't let the dealership fool you with words like "I'll knock X amount or X% off from MSRP", ask him what's the invoice and how much is he charging you ABOVE or BELOW invoice. This makes a big difference, because he can not take you for a ride, invoice prices does not change from dealership to dealership. You should not accept anything above invoice + $500 for a standard 5 series car (especially a 528).

2) You need to find out what is the residual and what is the MF, then go to leasecompare.com and compare those numbers with the official BMW numbers, make sure they are not adding a markup on them.

3) Don't put money down on a lease. Never. If you want to reduce your monthly payment, go for MSDs (Multiple Security Deposit), they are not down payment and they reduce interest by quite a lot.

4) Make sure you get a break down of all the fees and report them back here. We just had a guy here today who was asked to pay $200 extra on the documentation fee.

I'm sorry I don't mean to be harsh but I cannot believe the lack of knowledge here, you are obviously in a decent financial situation (good for you) such that you can afford a 5 series, but really you should know better. You at least took the time to come here and ask god knows how many people just walk in to a dealership and get ripped off. I guess this is why we have BMW dealerships every 10 miles now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, got the details:
MF 1.9
residual factor 58%
Cap reduction 558
bank fee 725

What do you think with these numbers? I tried leasecompare.com but it doesnt show me where to see the MF and residual factors info. AM I missing something?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ok, got the details:
MF 1.9
residual factor 58%
Cap reduction 558
bank fee 725

What do you think with these numbers? I tried leasecompare.com but it doesnt show me where to see the MF and residual factors info. AM I missing something?
MF 1.9 doesn't seem right, it should be a number like "0.000195". Residual is good, I wouldn't do any cap reduction. Bank fee also looks right to me (someone else feel free to correct), the other guy who posted here gave the same number.

If you haven't done it yet, I'd do MSDs, they might lower your payment to under $700 easily.

·
Registered
44 Posts
At numbers you provided including your 558 cap. cost reduction i'm getting 709/mo assuming 9% state tax. I agree with other post on this tread to use money for additional security deposit instead ( so i learned) to lower MF. I think you could lower your MF a bit regardless.. We've seen so many "lease evaluations" on this site - i'm just amazed to see numbers all over the spectrum...good luck eith your deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I called the dealer and asked to get a copy of the details prior to me signing for the deal..
Here it goes. Tell me if the deal is good or bad? Am I paying too much? Do these numbers make sense for the options on the car? I really wanted the 535 but its a wee bit expensive for my budget.

MSRP 55345
SELLING PRICE 50471
CAP RED 709
MF 0.001900
RESIDUAL 58%
CASH DUE 2700
PAYMENT 732.88

How do I ask/What to ask the dealer to get the additional security deposit instead of money down? I hate paying down payment for leases ( ive always leased) but somehow couldnt get to these numbers without paying something down. This is my first BMW.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
So I called the dealer and asked to get a copy of the details prior to me signing for the deal..
Here it goes. Tell me if the deal is good or bad? Am I paying too much? Do these numbers make sense for the options on the car? I really wanted the 535 but its a wee bit expensive for my budget.

MSRP 55345
SELLING PRICE 50471
CAP RED 709
MF 0.001900
RESIDUAL 58%
CASH DUE 2700
PAYMENT 732.88

How do I ask/What to ask the dealer to get the additional security deposit instead of money down? I hate paying down payment for leases ( ive always leased) but somehow couldnt get to these numbers without paying something down. This is my first BMW.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
Okay, you need to pick up the phone and ask him what's the invoice price of this car. I just tried to option it in edmunds.com and its showing as $50,925, which means he is selling for $400 under invoice, which is good deal, BUT I MIGHT BE WRONG! So you need to double check with him!

Also, as many of us said, don't put any money down to reduce cap cost. Go to google and search "BMW Multiple Security Deposit". This is not money down, this is security deposit. If you total the car, you get the money back, at the end of the lease you get the money back, if you want to buy the car at the end of the lease, you still get the money back. If you have any damages in the car, the deposit is used towards it, but then again, even if you didn't have deposit, its not like you can get away from it. You can have MULTIPLE security deposits invested, maximum of 7 extra, each of them will reduce the MF by 0.00007. So if you do all 7, your MF will be reduced by 0.00049. That's not insignificant, it will have a rate of return of around %25 (try to recalculate your monthly payment with MSDs included, and find the ratio of that money to the total MSD amount, that's the total rate of return), you should also tell your dealership that you want to do this (if you want to do it).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought a 2012 528 last month.

Take a look:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569056&highlight=

The linked spreadsheet should help you out:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akal7-zT5FYndHBvWDZRYm4zUEtwREpSNUh4c3EzN2c&hl=en_US

My payment is about $670 with 10k miles/36mos. No cap reduction, full MSD.

Follow DerStig's recommendations and do some research on leases.
My numbers are close to yours for a 2012 535xi. But for 710 /mon for 36 months for 15k. I negotiated on the phone/ email. I test drove at another dealership. The car is on a boat headed to Baltimore, delivery in 3 weeks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Bimmer

·
AWD rocks
426 Posts
Update: just saw this topic above.
---------
Don't forget to ask about Mutiple Security Deposits. These are among the gems of leasing. Essentially, you lend the company money for the duration of the lease in forms of MSDS. Each manufacturer has a max amount though and the rate varies.

The reward for lending them money is a reduced rate/ month payment. Lexus is pretty good with these. Mercedes is usually below avg. not sure about BMWs. Anyway, I saved my dad an avg of $15 per month per $1k in MSDs over his last 2 Lexus leases. His caps were $5k and then $3k. The interest return rates were unbelievable in his cases.

Your money is then return about 6 wks after the lease expires by the auto maker.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
Update: just saw this topic above.
---------
Don't forget to ask about Mutiple Security Deposits. .
They've been mentioned multiple times above, but your description is handy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts