BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

In light of the economy we're downsizing to a cheaer BMW, however I wantd to know if I am getting a good deal. Usually after weget the car, I find information that indicates I got screwed :)

I'll probbaly change to ZMP if it is indeed NC or not too much more than ZSP.

328i Sedan
ZSP Sport Package
ZPP Premium Package
522 Xenon headlights
2XA Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
205 STEPTRONIC automatic transmission
322 Comfort Access system
494 Heated front seats
609 Navigation system
459 Power front seats with driver seat memory w/ ZPP
6NF Smartphone Integration
653 HD radio w/ Nav 609
6FL iPod and USB adapter
677 Logic7 sound system with Surround Sound and Digital Sound Processing
639 BMW Assist with Bluetooth System w/ ZPP

MSRP $46,675
Invoice $42,665
$1000 Customer Appreciation Rebate

Dealer Offer $42,915 to $43,605

I had an offer of $250 over invoice from my old dealership, but my new dealership siad that they have been servicing the current car for 2 years now and they think they deserve more than $250 over invoice. ????!!!!

36 month lease 10K miles /year for $460 /month for $4,000 Down

Also, is there anything other than the invoice price I should consider?! Any other holdbacks, rebates etc.?

And do the dealerships make money on the money factor of the lease, i.e. do they have any incentives NOT to give me the best available rate?

If so, what is the current 328i Sedan best-money factor?

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,879 Posts
The ZMP is not going to be free. It is about $1,700 more than the ZSP and it's worth it. Don't put $4,000 down on a lease. Yes, the dealer can make money on the MF. They can mark it up by .0004. Spend time reading up on BMW leases, all the ins and outs, in the Ask a Dealer forum. Lease rates are there. Good luck.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
doesn't look like too good of a deal to me, I got a 2009 335i coupe with sport and leather for less than that in january, and it arrived a week ago

·
Super Moderator
8,055 Posts
My only questions are about the 10K miles/year which is not very many miles and the 4K downpayment which is a lot on a lease.

If you go over 10K miles/year it gets pricey at the end of lease.

Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doesn't look like too good of a deal to me, I got a 2009 335i coupe with sport and leather for less than that in january, and it arrived a week ago
Did you have all of the other options i.e. Nav, Logic7, ZMP, etc. or just ZSP + leather?

My only questions are about the 10K miles/year which is not very many miles and the 4K downpayment which is a lot on a lease.

If you go over 10K miles/year it gets pricey at the end of lease.

Thanks, Mike.
You'e right. But until now that's not bee a problem with the miles.

However I am not sure how else to lower the lease payment, I coming from $800 and $650 lease payments and want to really keep this one low. NOw, I did a recalc on my own with the number sI have and the lease payment with 2K cap cost reduc. came ot the same amount as the dealer quoted me with the 4K one.

Is there anywhere else you woudl suggest I put the 4K to manage the car payment? Even though this is our 4th BMW in 6 years, I have always given dealerships the benefit of doubt, but I am done with that now :)

Thanks for your help, I really need it. I want to come out of this experience with no room to feel like I was screwed LOL

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,879 Posts
Did you have all of the other options i.e. Nav, Logic7, ZMP, etc. or just ZSP + leather?

You'e right. But until now that's not bee a problem with the miles.

However I am not sure how else to lower the lease payment, I coming from $800 and $650 lease payments and want to really keep this one low. NOw, I did a recalc on my own with the number sI have and the lease payment with 2K cap cost reduc. came ot the same amount as the dealer quoted me with the 4K one.

Is there anywhere else you woudl suggest I put the 4K to manage the car payment? Even though this is our 4th BMW in 6 years, I have always given dealerships the benefit of doubt, but I am done with that now :)

Thanks for your help, I really need it. I want to come out of this experience with no room to feel like I was screwed LOL
Again, you need to read up on leases in the Ask a Dealer forum. There you will learn how to use MSDs (Multiple Security Deposits) to lower the MF and get an effective return on your money of roughly 8% - 10%. MSDs are a better financial choice than a down payment/Cap Cost reduction. Though they may not lower the payment quite as much you get your money back at the end of the lease.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Again, you need to read up on leases in the Ask a Dealer forum. There you will learn how to use MSDs (Multiple Security Deposits) to lower the MF and get an effective return on your money of roughly 8% - 10%. MSDs are a better financial choice than a down payment/Cap Cost reduction. Though they may not lower the payment quite as much you get your money back at the end of the lease.
I know, but my dealer says they do not apply in our case since e got approved under the progressive+ credit rating. Can I pay for certain things such as tax and acquisition fees cash, instead of cap. cost reducation?

Also, I do nto need the training just like most of the people in these forums, Could I waive that and not pay the fee? Or is that for the dealership training?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts