BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this:

2001 330i 5-sp; SP, PP, xenon, heated seats, CPO, 29,000 miles.

listed for $33,900.

I think it seems like a pretty good deal. I think I am going to go take a look, but it is a long drive to that dealership so I thought I would solicit some expert opinions.

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,078 Posts
zcasavant said:
I found this:

listed for $33,900.

I think it seems like a pretty good deal. I think I am going to go take a look, but it is a long drive to that dealership so I thought I would solicit some expert opinions.
hmm.... Mileage is a little bit on the high side IMO.... :eeps:

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on...anyone else?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Edmunds agrees

The used car pricing guide at Edmunds.com says that that car should sell for $33,903 from a dealer, so you're $3 ahead of the game already. ;)

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
zcasavant said:
I found this:

listed for $33,900.

that does not sound to bad! :)

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In 2001, did all 330s come with HK sound or was that a change for 2002?

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about the steering problem in 2001? Was that a whole-year problem or did they fix that part-way through as well?

I am seriously considering this - I really like the 2001 look.

·
7,078 Posts
zcasavant said:
What about the steering problem in 2001? Was that a whole-year problem or did they fix that part-way through as well?

I am seriously considering this - I really like the 2001 look.
I think that was a mid-model year thing. I'm not sure. My friend has an 01 that he said he has the "new new" steering as its known as I think... refering to the "fixed" steering for that year. Not quite as heavy as it was before the cars turned into the "Ultimate Parking Machines".

Have you driven it yet? Maybe you can guess which it has based on the feel.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will drive it tomorrow - I hope they are willing to negotiate on the price.

·
7,078 Posts
zcasavant said:
I will drive it tomorrow - I hope they are willing to negotiate on the price.
Have fun checking out the car tomorrow. :thumbup:

I think you can probably negotiate the price down a little bit without much trouble.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think so too. I am a very patient person and am willing to walk away if I don't get *exactly* what I want. If it has the old steering (I will be able to tell, my parents have a bimmer), then I will probably not do it.

Anyone have any opinions of the steering retrofit to eliminate the "ultimate parking machine" problem? Does this occur under warranty?

·
2,457 Posts
zcasavant said:
Come on...anyone else?

My Gosh, what an ugly car! ;)

Actually that price does seem a bit high for the milage, as other have pointed out. Check the production date on the door to see if it benefitted form the steering update and standard H/K (although with the PP you should have it anyway).

You should be able to knock off some $$'s though. Good luck!:thumbup:

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is a reasonable offer. Should I offer $30K and settle for $31? I really like this car. I also like the 100k warranty - what does the CPO warranty cover?

·
7,078 Posts
zcasavant said:
What is a reasonable offer. Should I offer $30K and settle for $31? I really like this car. I also like the 100k warranty - what does the CPO warranty cover?
You can try to offer $30K (couldn't hurt) but I think you'd be extremely lucky if they took it... but good luck anyways :)

I'm guessing maybe around $32K to $33K is what it might end up as.... (just a wild guess on my part) mostly cuz of the car being in the CPO program...

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
zcasavant said:
What is a reasonable offer. Should I offer $30K and settle for $31? I really like this car.
Don't I mean DO NOT let them know how much you like the car, it will kill your negotiating leverage:eeps:

I think the number you have presented are good. If you can get it for $31 I'd say you did quite well, $31.5 - 31.9 is acceptable IMO. Good luck :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I went and saw the car. It was in OK shape. It was an early 2001 build and you could absolutely tell by the steering. It felt "tired." I did not like it that much. Darn. It just wasn't the right car for me. $33k is a lot for me; I want to be absolutely thrilled with the car I buy.

Alan F: Tempting, but no step for me. If it had a 5-speed, I would jump right on it. :(

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
zcasavant said:
Well, I went and saw the car. It was in OK shape. It was an early 2001 build and you could absolutely tell by the steering. It felt "tired." I did not like it that much. Darn. It just wasn't the right car for me. $33k is a lot for me; I want to be absolutely thrilled with the car I buy.

Alan F: Tempting, but no step for me. If it had a 5-speed, I would jump right on it. :(
sorry, I hate that feeling.what color was it? interior?

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Steel grey with black leather. The black as a bit too drab for me. I think I want a grey interior.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.