BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm turning in my 2008 M3 and here's the lease deal that I've worked out. I am wondering if it is a good one since I am not too familiar with the pricing on 7 series:

2012 BMW 7-SERIES Sedan 750i
MSRP $91,975.00
Selling price: $82,891.00
Mileage: 10k/year or 30k
Residual: 59%
Down Payment: $2500
Monthly Payment: $950

Hopefully I got a decent deal... going to pick it up tomorrow

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm turning in my 2008 M3 and here's the lease deal that I've worked out. I am wondering if it is a good one since I am not too familiar with the pricing on 7 series:

2012 BMW 7-SERIES Sedan 750i
MSRP $91,975.00
Selling price: $82,891.00
Mileage: 10k/year or 30k
Residual: 59%
Down Payment: $2500
Monthly Payment: $950

Hopefully I got a decent deal... going to pick it up tomorrow
Invoice on this car is around $86K
Option credit - $3500
Mission to drive credit - $2500
Special incentives in december $1500

Thats a total of $7500. A good selling price would be in the range of $78,500 - $79,000

With a residual of 59% and MF of 0.00195 your payment should be around $920. I would also put down maximum security deposits which will bring your monthly payment down to $850. These security deposits are refundable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Invoice on this car is around $86K
Option credit - $3500
Mission to drive credit - $2500
Special incentives in december $1500

Thats a total of $7500. A good selling price would be in the range of $78,500 - $79,000

With a residual of 59% and MF of 0.00195 your payment should be around $920. I would also put down maximum security deposits which will bring your monthly payment down to $850. These security deposits are refundable.
This is some good advice. Verified it with multiple dealerships.

Some revisions:
1) if you are in a current lease that ends jan 12 - apr 12, you qualify for the MF reduction to .0012
2) the Mission to drive credit - $2500 is a cap cost reduction that shows on the rebate line (taxable)
3) there are two $1500 special incentives. *(edit) Conquest cash is applicable only if you are switching from another car brand. There are also a limited amount $1500 discounts per dealership to be used at their discretion to close tough deals - more likely to happen at the end of the month.

·
Registered
713 Posts
This is a very good time to get a new car...work the numbers....

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Bimmer

·
Registered
504 Posts
This is some good advice. Verified it with multiple dealerships.

Some revisions:
1) if you are in a current lease that ends jan 12 - apr 12, you qualify for the MF reduction to .0012
2) the Mission to drive credit - $2500 is a cap cost reduction that shows on the rebate line (taxable)
3) the $1500 special incentives is per dealership as certificates to be used at their discretion - more likely to happen at the end of the month.
I don't think the conquest cash can be used for any customer, which is what you are referring to in the 3rd item. You have to be switching from another brand.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think the conquest cash can be used for any customer, which is what you are referring to in the 3rd item. You have to be switching from another brand.
I bought the car today and BMW_F1 is absolutely right. The $1500 conquest cash only goes if you are switching brands, which I think would exclude you from the loyalty cash and the MF reduction as a pull-forward re-lease.

In the end, the dealership did give me quite a bit of haggling trouble (the normal "we need to make some profit", etc.), which was annoying since I only went to the dealership after being promised that we agreed on the numbers. I got the car for $4000 under invoice along with the $2500 cost cap reduction (mission to drive).

Unfortunately, the dealership refused to absorb my remaining 2 lease payments even though my M3 was in great condition with only 20k miles (and leased from them). According to them, the M3 was in great shape, new tires, 10k under miles but still appraised it at my buyout (38k). They added my remaining 2 lease payments to my cap cost; making me pay for them. I figured that I would face this same problem at any dealership if I wanted to get the reduced MF before it expires this month. Altogether, I think I got a decent deal. The only way I could have improved it is if I waited till later in the month and hoped to get one of the $1500 dealer certificates to lower the selling price further.

If anyone wants me to post all the final numbers again, let me know. Happy hunting and thank you to the members here for helping me get a deal once again.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
Congratulations on your new 7 Series Rampage! As someone who also went from an M car to the 7, I can assure you that you will enjoy the luxury and power of this sedan.

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
Congratulations. Did you consider keeping the M3 for 2 more months, since you were paying for it anyway?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congratulations. Did you consider keeping the M3 for 2 more months, since you were paying for it anyway?
I did consider it. That's what I had done with my last lease - I kept my c6 for 3 months. It didn't make sense for me since the dealership was almost 2 hours away and I don't drive much. If I drove more, then it would have made sense to put the miles on my m3 since I was way under mileage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.