Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was given an offer as following:

2016 435xi coupe with manual trans. + almost all available packages and options

MSRP: $61,500

Final price: $58,000

Initial payment: $1,200 (includes first month's payment and fees, taxes)

Monthly payment: $720

36 months for 10k/yr

How does it look?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Hello,

36 months for 10k/yr

How does it look?

Thanks.
Not enough detail to tell you for sure (money factors etc) but the selling price does not look that great to me.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hello,

36 months for 10k/yr

How does it look?

Thanks.
Price may be just fine, its close to invoice. I am not sure I understand the Initial Payment - there is no way its only $480 in taxes. And with the numbers provided, your base monthly payment would be $600

I actually cannot get to a $720/mo payment... it also feels extremely high... Need more info but at first glance this is a NO GO

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Price may be just fine, its close to invoice. I am not sure I understand the Initial Payment - there is no way its only $480 in taxes. And with the numbers provided, your base monthly payment would be $600

I actually cannot get to a $720/mo payment... it also feels extremely high... Need more info but at first glance this is a NO GO
I am not running the numbers, but try it with that $1200 only covering first months payment and DMV fee.

Roll lease aq, taxes, and other fees into the loan. Probably what is happening.

·
6 RINGS
8,457 Posts
720 seems high. If you dont absolutely have to have a coupe id look at the 535/550. Maybe stretch the budget and get a 6 coupe.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
at first glance that is very high.

if thats really the selling price, they are burying extra profit into that deal, and alot of it.
any extended warranties? are they marking up the MF? any negative equity being rolled in?

edit: i actually ran the numbers and that is correct for a NY lease with the tax rolled into the payment
NYS tax gets added to the cap cost in NYS for a lease-- either you pay it up front, or bmwfs pays it for you and you pay interest.

surprising its that high-- my F34 had a sticker about 2K higher than that and i'm almost 150 less if you normalize for NYS tax ( i paid up front)

OP, have you considered using a NJ dealer? you can do MSDs to buy down the MF, fully refundable at the end of the lease and a return of about 10% per year for the MSD amount. it'll save you about 45 per month in interest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts