Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting an X3, but at this kind of price range, I want the color combination that I really like. Except it doesn't seem to exist anywhere. Is it that weird and does it look like I'll have to order it? Do dealers discount off orders as much as in stock vehicles?

I'm looking for an Xdrive in Mineral Metallic White with either Beige (preferably) or Oyster Vernasca leather. It seems like 95% of what's out there is a black interior, and once in a blue moon, Mocha.

And does anyone know what the requirement is to get the Ambient Lighting? Is it just leather, or does it have to be leather PLUS navigation? I can live with or without navigation, but the better half has the Ambient Lighting on her "must have" list. I actually think the SensaTec is more comfortable, but whatever is necessary to get the Ambient Lighting.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Can't help you with the color question. It's really your choice on what you guys like or can work for you.

Regarding "Ambiance lighting", on ours it shows up on the window sticker in the general section between "Universal garage-door opener" and "Power Front Seats"… it's like all of them have it as a standard feature! (?) All these items are marked as Included (no extra cost). (It is not listed in the various packages/sections but we do have several packages/options though.)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Where do you live? If it’s within a days drive of the factory in SC then I highly recommend ordering and getting Performance Center Delivery. I custom ordered my brown on brown X3 and picked it up at the factory.
If you do this you can order from anyone, including forum sponsors that are known for great deals.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey - seems a lot of people like a light paint color with a darker interior, or the other way around with light interior and dark paint. Makes for good contrast. But if you like light paint and light interior go for it. I'm sure it will look great. :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with the to each his own mindset regarding color choices. My main concern with mineral white and oyster is that it may have a washed out look.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had a white/oyster 535 several years ago and I liked it. You can find white with a lighter interior, but it will just take some time.

Ambient lighting comes with leather only.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I finally figured out all the myriad search engines the dealers have. There appear to be at least 4 different versions. I found a handful of Mineral White with light interior and now just confirming that the dealers still have them.

Bizarrely, Rusnak BMW in Thousand Oaks seems to have 0 sales staff. Even the operators are confused. You'd think they'd be most active during the weekend or at least answer e-mails Monday morning.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
huh what do you mean by Rusnak BMW seems to have 0 sales staff? :) :) Maybe they're out making videos lol. Please go to youtube and search Rusnak BMW and also look in the folder with 50+ videos. ok, that doesn't help you much either lol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
huh what do you mean by Rusnak BMW seems to have 0 sales staff? :) :) Maybe they're out making videos lol. Please go to youtube and search Rusnak BMW and also look in the folder with 50+ videos. ok, that doesn't help you much either lol.
Left e-mails and called. Operator stayed with me while she tried a bunch of different extensions. Zip. I guess the whole team was making those videos.

Finally got an e-mail when I called back several hours later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is exactly we got from the dealer (the one in San Rafael, CA)
external: Metallic White
internal: Beige
It is a X3 30i.
I'm looking into getting an X3, but at this kind of price range, I want the color combination that I really like. Except it doesn't seem to exist anywhere. Is it that weird and does it look like I'll have to order it? Do dealers discount off orders as much as in stock vehicles?

I'm looking for an Xdrive in Mineral Metallic White with either Beige (preferably) or Oyster Vernasca leather. It seems like 95% of what's out there is a black interior, and once in a blue moon, Mocha.

And does anyone know what the requirement is to get the Ambient Lighting? Is it just leather, or does it have to be leather PLUS navigation? I can live with or without navigation, but the better half has the Ambient Lighting on her "must have" list. I actually think the SensaTec is more comfortable, but whatever is necessary to get the Ambient Lighting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts