BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked to my local BMW Dealer service rep about inspecting a used car I've found. He they'd do it no charge which was surprising as I've got no qualms with paying for service. When I asked him next if he could ever check service records on out-of-state vehicles, he said that their computer system was not interconnected. Truth or BS? If they could check out-of-state service records, and the guy was willing to inspect an in-town vehicle gratis, why would he lie about their capability?
I'm really looking to establish a decent repoir with a service shop for my first BMW, as I have never had a decent service experience with any car I've owned anywhere. Not a good foot to start from on this one, though, it sounds to me.
Could anyone on the dealer/service side of things offer me an education and/or attitude adjustment?
Thanks,
Bob

·
Driving around somewhere
222 Posts
Ah, so you went to Baron. I got an out of state to dealer to run the vehicle history report on the pre-owned 325ci i just bought recently. I didnt even bother asking Baron because I assumed, based on their past history of BS'ing me, that they wouldnt even bother.

Some people have been very pleased with Baron and thats great, but I am still undecided on them.

Hopefully once I start taking my car there for service I will have only good experiences.

Good luck!

oh, and by the way, they are lying, they should definitely be able to pull up the service history and any warranty repairs on the car, assuming the service work was done at another BMW dealership.

·
call me darkcloud
42,920 Posts
rasher said:
So if you're in the KC area, are there any other BMW shops?
<DOH! is posts... forum with included location my forgot I>
DOn't hold me to this but a buddy from work was telling me about a shop in north Lawrence that does BMW stuff. There is also a dealer in Topeka. Both are a bit of a haul for you but if i remember on Sunday at softball I'll try and ask about the place in Lawrence.

·
Registered
91 Posts
rasher said:
Just talked to my local BMW Dealer service rep about inspecting a used car I've found. He they'd do it no charge which was surprising as I've got no qualms with paying for service. When I asked him next if he could ever check service records on out-of-state vehicles, he said that their computer system was not interconnected. Truth or BS? If they could check out-of-state service records, and the guy was willing to inspect an in-town vehicle gratis, why would he lie about their capability?
I'm really looking to establish a decent repoir with a service shop for my first BMW, as I have never had a decent service experience with any car I've owned anywhere. Not a good foot to start from on this one, though, it sounds to me.
Could anyone on the dealer/service side of things offer me an education and/or attitude adjustment?
Thanks,
Bob
Bob,

Any BMW Center can check the service records of any BMW. If you need assistance don't hesitate to contact me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve,
You looked into that 1997 328ic with parchment interior for me yesterday. Thank you so much for doing that, it's very helpful.
I love forums like these because everyone is really so gracious to each other. Certainly makes me feel like a wiser buyer.

To all:
Anyone in the KC area have any experience with either Star Motors or Hafekemeyer Motors? Both are independent BMW/Merc shops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.