BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yes. It's very doable. There are threads in the ask-a-dealer taking about it.

You don't need much. A dealer offering a deal a couple of grand under invoice gets you there and in competitive markets that's not unheard of

·
Registered
736 Posts
Very true. I got a really good deal in June on a 24/12k 535xi, but residual was 69% which was great. If true it's 73% for 2 year, I could have saved another $100 and got payment under $500. Bummer. But I'm happy and got $13k off. MSRP and minimum down. Got pull ahead for 2 mos payment so.....

·
Registered
10,951 Posts
It's the end of the F10 production run. BMW gives huge incentives (to customers and dealers) to move cars that are at the end of their production run. People who buy 5's are usually repeat BMW buyers and know how the game works. So, the prices come down.

Also, BMW's having a bad sales numbers year in the U.S. So, they're scurrying to prop them up. Pushing the losses into their 2018 or 2019 with padded residuals looks better on the annual report to stockholders, hoping they can offset those future losses with better sales in the future. Another part of their logic is that they can attract customers who would not otherwise buy a BMW.

We went shopping for an X1 when the current one came out. Frau Putzer didn't like it. The salesman suggested we look at a near-the-end-of-production X3, saying that with incentives it'd be cheaper than an X1. But, the lack of a spare tire (and a place to put it) was a deal breaker. We're waiting for the new X3 next year.

I got my 2014 F10 for about $600 over invoice in late 2013, and another dealer (with a lousy service department) offered me one for $400 under invoice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone have a recommendation for a client advisor who can make this easy? I'm in Palm Springs, CA.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm having a helluva time finding what I want:

M Sport
Luxury Seating (black)
LEDs
White, silver or gray exterior

Sales guys are trying to talk me into what they have on the lot of course, I get it. But is what I'm looking for really that odd??

·
Registered
8,892 Posts

M Sport
Luxury Seating (black)
LEDs

Sales guys are trying to talk me into what they have on the lot of course, I get it. But is what I'm looking for really that odd??
If its JUST those three options, then yeah, that would be rare (to find M sport and multi contour seats, but not other packages).

Do you mean thats your MINIMUM "non negotiable" items, and you want a car with AT LEAST those? If so, then I think it might be a little strange (not being able to find it, I mean). If you want ONLY those items and are not willing to pay for other packages, then yeah I think that would be almost impossible to find.

Did you try contacting greg poland at pacific BMW as suggested? A good CA can search and maybe dealer transfer a car for you if they dont have it on the lot.

You can also check Cars.com and search for 5s within 120-150 miles of you, with the options you want, but that has you dealing with a dealer that has the car you want, rather than your preferred dealer. If you go that route you should work out the pricing you want ahead of time, and tell the dealer what you want your deal to be (price, and if leasing, money factor, etc etc, along with monthly payment)

·
6 RINGS
8,457 Posts

M Sport
Luxury Seating (black)
LEDs

Not odd unless those are the only 3 options you want, which youll never find. Should be no issue finding a 550.

·
1oz perception-1# obscure
3,618 Posts

M Sport
Luxury Seating (black)
LEDs

My bet is that the LED requirement cuts down the field a lot. It's a rather expensive option, only a subset of the market appreciates it, and I think dealers don't spec it on their lot orders much. I'd say the same about DHP, had you listed that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yes, those are minimum options. And I did find one but it is Grey/Cinnamon yech.

There are 550s aplenty. But that's just brutish.

The search continues...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Yes, those are minimum options. And I did find one but it is Grey/Cinnamon :puke:

There are 550s aplenty. But that's just brutish.

The search continues...
You'll most likely have to travel at least to the Southern California region in order to increase your probability to find a car spec'd in this fashion. :hi:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah I think the challenge with that low lease rate are selection. you will have to pick what they have available, which is either too much or too little on your requirement list.

Do you guys know if there is a specific time frame for such events? Im just trying to plan out my next car move and these type of special and incentive is something id like to wait for.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm in a similar hunt, but looking for a 550. There are lots to be had. I would just suggest that especially when you get to a higher-optioned 535, because the 550 includes more as standard, the difference in stickers might be only a few k for the same options.

In my case I was targeting DHP but there are only 2 I can find, so will probably give up on that...

·
Registered
381 Posts
You could think about it from the depreciation curve of the cars, but that's not really relevant here as BMWFS is trying to help dealers move inventory of 2016s, especially 5 series, to make room for 2017s and the 5 series is even worse for them as the G will be out soon, but in the meantime they still need to sell cars. As a result they are boosting residuals on the 2016s to pretty high levels. And because there's not a new 2017 to start production, there are still 2016s to be had everywhere. They're still PRODUCING new 2016s now. In any event, 67% 3 year residuals are pretty darn good, especially when coupled with these sorts of discounts.

·
1oz perception-1# obscure
3,618 Posts
Do you guys know if there is a specific time frame for such events? Im just trying to plan out my next car move and these type of special and incentive is something id like to wait for.
It's about right now, when next year's models are on the lot and there are still some of this year's models too. Obviously, the ones that are left might not have the options you want, else why have they sat so long...but that's the game.

Is it true that during the summer months leasing and financing terms are unfavourable for the purchaser?
It's more dependent on the model cycle, IME. F10 leases are going to be varying degrees of amazing from here on out, because the model is retiring.

There are always incentives around the end of the year; count on an extra $1000-$1500 coming from BMW around the holidays. But by then, there will be few if any previous model year cars left, so you have to balance the timing against the availability.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts