BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 536xi with Sport Package has an issue. One of the rear wheels is pretty badly scraped. I am wondering first of all. if this repairable, who do you recommend to do the repair it and how much might it cost? Or is the only solution a new wheel? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
If not bent, it can be repaired/refinished. Ask your dealer who they use for this--typically is a mobile service. Probably under $100.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I recently scraped (not bent) one of the 19'' wheels on my 2008 550i. In one area the scrape was fairly deep. My BMW dealer recommended a repair place and they fixed in about an hour and the wheel looks as good as new and you can't tell that it was ever repaired. Now, I just have to learn how to drive.:thumbup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If not bent, it can be repaired/refinished. Ask your dealer who they use for this--typically is a mobile service. Probably under $100.
Thanks a lot. I now have a photo of the damage posted under a new post also entitled "Is this repairable?" The rim is not bent, just scraped.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently scraped (not bent) one of the 19'' wheels on my 2008 550i. In one area the scrape was fairly deep. My BMW dealer recommended a repair place and they fixed in about an hour and the wheel looks as good as new and you can't tell that it was ever repaired. Now, I just have to learn how to drive.:thumbup:
Thanks for your response. I'll need to train my wife. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts