BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
And to answer the original question - no it is not the end. Just took for a test drive. No leaks. All systems OK. Full oil. No leaks that I can tell. Does smell a lot like burning oil under the hood…

·
Registered
96 Posts
If your state of charge is ok, you should be able to bleed without a charger without issue. I've never had to connect a charger to bleed. (Although I've never done it in the dead of winter after several days without driving...)

Good to hear you got it sorted!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
If you need to do a bleed, put the battery charger on the posts under the hood. You can use a 10 amp charger and leave it to trickle charge the battery for 24 hours after, to make sure that the battery is fully charged.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
If you need to do a bleed, put the battery charger on the posts under the hood. You can use a 10 amp charger and leave it to trickle charge the battery for 24 hours after, to make sure that the battery is fully charged.
Really? Now you tell me?

Just kidding. Decided not to bleed at this point and passed the 20 minute test drive. I’ll check the level in the AM before I head to work

61 - 67 of 67 Posts