BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· That Guy
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this was the right oil pan for my e30 swap. It came out of a 90 535i with 5spd manual. It looks like it'll be real low but looks like it'll clear everything.

Attachments

· That Guy
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. I was reading around as much as I could ( strict internet access at work). I saw a couple pans listed but didn't see the e34 pan on my list. Im almost terrified it'll hang too low. Roads here in Cincy are unforgiving and my M20 seems to already be on the cusp of being too low.

· an audience of One
9,765 Posts
Awesome. I was reading around as much as I could ( strict internet access at work). I saw a couple pans listed but didn't see the e34 pan on my list. Im almost terrified it'll hang too low. Roads here in Cincy are unforgiving and my M20 seems to already be on the cusp of being too low.
Get a EJNight skid plate. It's not a fail safe, but it will protect the pan from debris and such. Pot holes and speed bumps are a different story.

· That Guy
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you could also lower the rear of your car so its not raking into the floor with the front end.
Ha, I have Tokico Springs on the car now. Im not happy with them at all. It rides ok but a little too soft and as you can tell by my sig, the car is raked. I was going to heat the rear springs to bring it down a half inch or so. I think im going to buy some new springs and say screw it.

· Nick's Toys
1,386 Posts
Spring 101

I was going to heat the rear springs to bring it down a half inch or so. I think im going to buy some new springs and say screw it.
You heat up rear springs to remove the tension in them ?
You need to aquire new friends !
Who does things like that?
Probably the same moron who did this Iron Coil spring Architecture Auto part Cement

If you ned to shorten springs, you do that with a hacksaw by cutting out some of the intitial coil. But do not tell anybody I said that :rofl:

You know that the stock Beemer shocks, on this model, were position sensitive. So you need to get a shock that accepts working in that range of its travel.
I would get a matched set all round and LIVE happily ever after :bigpimp:

· That Guy
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Problem is if I hack saw them then it gets rid of that initial small coil that keeps the spring from moving about. I'd have to heat them.. also I've worked in audio and performance shops for the past six years so I have an idea of what im doing. I get great discounts for Eibach's.. (my buddies friend grew up with him in germany or something) but that would take away from my M30 swap fund. Just weighing the pro's and con's.

· Premium Member
6,297 Posts
Your car deserves better. H&R Race is something like $400... with your hookup you shold get the Eibachs for $300 or so? Sheesh.
id say. heating works, but will lead to premeture failure of the springs, or total collapse while driving especially while driven hard. Makita one ways are even worse. dont it right or dont do it at all

Got anything worth adding to convo? or you just trying to be "that Guy"
:rofl:

· That Guy
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rainbow motors add hp.
Nope, sending the head out to get milled, port and polish, Schrick cam and Miller Turbo Tuning kit. That'll normally do it. I just wanted a little more !wow! when you open the hood. Why you Gotta Hate tho?

· That Guy
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im doing the valve cover in red. It'll be the M colors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.