BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was roaring laughing out loud reading the instructions since I forwarded it to a friend saying it was a piece of cake and should only take 15 minutes... ;-0

·
Registered
7 Posts
DIY warning

One thing that you should be aware of is that we get a lot of attempted repairs from various DIY articles and the customer typically ends up paying an additional $60 for parts and/or circuit board damage when they try to repair it themselves.

At VDORepair we offer a LIFETIME warranty and our prices are far lower than the BMW replacement programs and we don't have additional charges for vehicle programming, since it's your item. We also provide detailed simple instructions for removal and reinstallation of your item.

So if you have a cluster, mid or both we've got you covered. Check out our pricing at http://vdorepair.com.

I hope this helps you in your repair decision.

Andy Mortenson

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
Andy,
Thank you for posting, and I agree with you, DIY is risky, there are plenty of threads of failed attempt on this site, and from experienced electronic techs no less!

My question for you...you say "lifetime warranty" yet in your pricing it describes "1 year" and "3 year" which seems to imply a one year or three year warranty...can you explain this?

http://vdorepair.com/RepairInfo.htm

PS, I like the option of the M5 aluminum trim rings! :) Are the ones you install one piece with no seam or split?

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
same basic fix work for the radio?
Yes, and many, many failed attempts by DIYers! I used Germanaudiotech (he posts on bimmerfest and lists on Ebay) and it even took him four tries for me and a month of shipping back and forth (though I believe I am the exception, rather than the rule, as many others have had successful repairs by him)... :(

·
I gotta have more cowbell
895 Posts
I've taken apart a MID, at best it is a bandaid to DIY fix.The tape cable from the LCD is clearly not designed well to take the many years hot/cold expansion and the metal traced break.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts