Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Yes, they're legit. That site is the on line store for BMW of Silverspring Maryland, formerly Tischer BMW.

A couple years ago BMW started allowing their dealers to sell parts on line at a significant discount to their over the counter prices. Getbmwparts is one of the sites.

You can also get OEM parts through FCP Euro, ECS Tuning, and Pelican Parts, but the first two are closest to you so shipping will be the lowest cost.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes, I use them all the time.
I have noticed prices starting to rise on certain items though.
The lower windshield cowl was around $120 is now $230 :

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine's not M. I asked this because I have been to a BMW dealership in Rochester hills and they told me I need to change my power steering fluid. As it seems black/burnt out. Today I tried locating the reservoir for it but couldn't find one. So I was wondering how could the dealership tell me that.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mine's not M. I asked this because I have been to a BMW dealership in Rochester hills and they told me I need to change my power steering fluid. As it seems black/burnt out. Today I tried locating the reservoir for it but couldn't find one. So I was wondering how could the dealership tell me that.
If it was me I'd ask them to show me just for kicks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is like the Vovlvo service adviser who, when I asked him what they had done under warranty (all blacked out on the ticket) to solve the rough idle on my new 1987 Volvo went back into the shop, came back and told me they had adjusted the carb. It was a fuel injected car. Or the Jiffy Lube guy last year who told me my wife's Pilot was overdue for changing the differential oil. It is a front drive car. Don't you love these professionals? Sad thing is, it is about the same in hospitals, with way more serious results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts