BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'Fest Advisor
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Tire Rack replacing recently purchased TMPS sensors with 2010 sensors? I just bought from Tire Rack a set of winter tires and rims for the winter (for a 2010 335 coupe) and now I hear that I have the wrong sensors on the wheels!!! Here is a thread that states that Tire Rack is replacing the sensors:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=411493

·
NHTSA Nazi
351 Posts
Why don't you just email them or (heaven forbid) pick up the phone and call them.

Thereafter you can report back here and let us know what YOU found out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Negative, we are not replacing sensors on old cars with new ones. We do sell the new 2010 TPMS sensors. If a customer purchased sensors for a 2010 model car from us and received the old sensors by mistake we would assist them of course, but otherwise, no.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm not sure if that was the case with OP, what if he bought setup for 2010 (per tirerack specification) before TPMS were "known" to be changed....
that would not be good.......
T

·
'Fest Advisor
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure if that was the case with OP, what if he bought setup for 2010 (per tirerack specification) before TPMS were "known" to be changed....
that would not be good.......
T
I bought it the wheel and tire package at the end of October 2009. They stated they put the old sensors on. So I guess they will switch it out, right?

·
Registered
591 Posts
thebmw,
Just to get things straight. Does your invoice state that winter wheels/tires/TMPS/balancing/mounting was done for BMW 2010 3 Series model?
If it does tirerack sold you incorrect TPMS sensors (there are the experts and they should have not sold incorrect setup), if it does state that setup was sold for 2009 model therefor you have to bite the bullet and get new sensor and mount them. Hopefully you get it resolved to both parties satisfaction.

T

·
'Fest Advisor
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what Tire Rack told me on the phone, they shipped the TPMS sensors just before they knew there were different sensors for 2010. So we'll see. I'm still waiting for Gary to call me...Gary, I've left you a voicemail, a message with a lady at Tire Rack who said she will forward the message to you, and emails.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If any customer stated that they had a 2010 3 series, and we shipped the old sensors, my customer service dept can assist at ext. 360. If you stated that you had an 09 model, they will take those case by case. Any messages/emails left for me have been promptly forwarded to customer service for assistance. If you have not hear back after 48 hrs , I would suggest contacting them directly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts