BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any owners or dealers confirm if RDS is working on their navi-equiped e90? I was hoping to see song title info scrolling by when listening to the radio, or at least have the station names come up on the tuning dial display. Nada!

This is a little frustrating as the example pages shown in the owener's manual is displaying some of my local station names: KLOS, KROQ... All I'm getting is the frequencies.

:dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have you tried those specific stations in another car with RDS? Not all stations utilize it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cdebnil said:
Have you tried those specific stations in another car with RDS? Not all stations utilize it.
I know that KLOS and KROQ broadcast RDS, but in my car not a single station is showing up. Definitely the feature is not active right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
slowrider said:
Can any owners or dealers confirm if RDS is working on their navi-equiped e90? I was hoping to see song title info scrolling by when listening to the radio, or at least have the station names come up on the tuning dial display. Nada!

This is a little frustrating as the example pages shown in the owener's manual is displaying some of my local station names: KLOS, KROQ... All I'm getting is the frequencies.

:dunno:
Same here when i first got it i noticed it didn't have RDS and i was shocked. how can bmw not have rds. after i went through the manual it says it has it. if anybody gets any info please post.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bmwaustin said:
Yes, I have seen couple of channels with RDS in Texas
Showing up on the Navi screen in an e90?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem

I have the same problem. I took my car in I was told it is a software issue. They said it might be fixed with the next software update. :mad: This is very very frustrating...

George

·
Registered
42 Posts
gdrym said:
I have the same problem. I took my car in I was told it is a software issue. They said it might be fixed with the next software update. :mad: This is very very frustrating...

George
Don't be frustrated, you should take these things in stride. One of the drawbacks of being the first on your block to have a brand new model BMW and getting all the attention and oohs and ahhs, is that you will be the first to catch some of the bugs as well.

I am waiting a few weeks before I get my BMW, when the early mishaps can be taken care of . No RDS is a very small problem and will be fixed in short order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RDS on Logic7 system working

My RDS system does not work at all. The current software rev is 16.2. It has not worked since they first updated the software. BMWNA says RDS works on non-Logic7 systems but not on Logic7 systems until software rev 18.2. This has been going on for nearly one year since I purchased the car. BMWNA has been stating each new update will fix the problem. Not so. I'm very frustrated. My next step is moving up the BMWNA customer service foodchain until I get resolution.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah, BMW needs to get their act togeather. I was all gung ho and ordered the Nav/Idrive and then the fine print starts to rear its ugly head. No IPod, No MP3 CD track titles, no RDS. THe I-drive/Nav system should have more of these kinds of features, not less.

·
Registered
67 Posts
will-san said:
Yeah, BMW needs to get their act togeather. I was all gung ho and ordered the Nav/Idrive and then the fine print starts to rear its ugly head. No IPod, No MP3 CD track titles, no RDS. THe I-drive/Nav system should have more of these kinds of features, not less.
Drove a 330i in Cape Town on the 9 May and RDS worked perfectly on I drive equiped E90

·
Registered
14 Posts
No RDS on iDrive/Nav E90

I do not get RDS on my 330i (iDrive) although it works fine on my X5 with Nav.

Also, I do not see how to Autostore FM channels - only AM has autostore. Sirius does display song info - wonder if previous poster was on SAT instead of FM.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm glad I came across this thread. It sounds like the non-iDrive radios work great. I hope that they can correct the RDS and maybe add mp3 play capability to the in-dash CD player for iDrive radio units in a near future software update.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does the RDS work with the base radio and NAV?? ..I opted for the base radio and NAV, I did not upgrade to Logic 7. Is this a NAV/I drive issue or just a radio issue??

·
Registered
76 Posts
redsox1 said:
Does the RDS work with the base radio and NAV?? ..I opted for the base radio and NAV, I did not upgrade to Logic 7. Is this a NAV/I drive issue or just a radio issue??
The issue is with the radio that comes with Nav/iDrive. Logic 7 is irrelevant.

But, to answer your first question, it seems people are saying RDS does NOT currently work properly with e90's that have iDrive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
RDS in 03/2004 545

I have Logic7 and Navigation on my 545 manufactured in 03/2004. The display has radio call letters in addition to call numbers, but I haven't seen song titles (I have seen them on a 2004 745 with Logic7 and navigation, though).

·
Registered
118 Posts
boifromtroy said:
Too bad you got all the fancy stuff.

My RDS works fine on the standard-issue non-Nav, non-Logic7 radio.
Yes I think mine does too, but I have been too busy listening to my Ipod and MP3 CDs to listen to the radio! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts