BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is your right hand side wiper off the glass at the end?

Mine is :(.

If you go look at the right hand wiper on my car, the last, oh, 4 or 5 inches is not in contact with the window.

When it completes a pass, there is this wierd triangular "un wiped" area a the end.

No biggie really, I just wondered if this was normal; there aren't a lot of E46s around where I'm at.

Appreciate any opinions.

If its not correct, I'm not sure how it would happen. Loose springs? Bent arm? :dunno:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Just bend or flex it a bit at the end and it'll be fine. New blades also need a little adjustment... don't push it though... just a little umph.

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
Is it really the blade that is bent, or does the arm just need to be adjusted on the motor spindle? I haven't removed a BMW wiper arm, but on my Integra, there is a cap nut that goes over the arm, which slides over a threaded spindle. I could just loosen the nut and rotate the arm freely to the resting position I wanted.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
wingspan said:
Is your right hand side wiper off the glass at the end?

Mine is :(.

If you go look at the right hand wiper on my car, the last, oh, 4 or 5 inches is not in contact with the window.

When it completes a pass, there is this wierd triangular "un wiped" area a the end.

No biggie really, I just wondered if this was normal; there aren't a lot of E46s around where I'm at.

Appreciate any opinions.

If its not correct, I'm not sure how it would happen. Loose springs? Bent arm? :dunno:
You may have the stainless steel springs that support the rubber blade insert upside down. They have a curve to help the rubber blade conform to the curvature of the windshield and apply even pressure, this curve should be in the same direction as the windshield curve.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had the same thing on my last set of wipers. It seems like a pretty petty thing but it kind of irked me as well. :dunno: I "fixed" it next time at the dealer's telling them the wipers needed to be replaced (free maintenace). The replacement blades were positioned correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts