BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Well, having driven all three, it's interesting to read the responses.

IMO, of the three, the IS300 has the best, most communicative driver "feel"; the S4 is the most impressive in terms of performance, luxury and design; and the 330i is a sort of compromise between the two packaged in the most stylish body of the three.

Arguing between them is silly.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
TD said:
the S4 is the most impressive in terms of performance, luxury and design; and the 330i is a sort of compromise between the two packaged in the most stylish body of the three.

Arguing between them is silly.
Hmm... I found the interior of the S4 to be bland and utilitarian myself, not what I'd describe as Luxury.

·
Exit Flagger
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think Audi is currently designing and building some of the best interiors on the market today. I traded a 2000 A4 Avant in for my 325Ci and the BMW interior feels lacking compared to the Audi. (IMO)

G

·
in_d_haus said:

Hmm... I found the interior of the S4 to be bland and utilitarian myself, not what I'd describe as Luxury.
You chose to not include the "IMO" in your quote. But that was just my opinion.

I had a '97 A4 1.8T Quattro (5-spd, SP) prior to my 330i. And I can tell you there were countless times I observed that Audi had designed a superior interior. Not necessarily in terms of materials, but rather in terms of thoughtfulness and attention to detail. And I honestly felt more comfortable in it. And the S4s I've been in are, IMO, gorgeous.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
I dont know this, but I have a feeling the IS down the road will be just as quite as the day it is new. No rattles and pops, I need to go to the IS300 board and see. I think Lexus puts there interior together well, if BMW would get there interior quite and solid, it would be amazing. Perfect exterior and perfect interior, I can dream can't I? :D

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
in_d_haus said:

Wow Haus!? I don't know about that statement. Back when I was deciding b/w the S4 and the 330, I definitely ranked the Audi interior ahead of BMW by a long shot. But this is what opinions are all about, so to each his own. I was just surprised by your comment...

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
CCs328Ci said:
I dont know this, but I have a feeling the IS down the road will be just as quite as the day it is new. No rattles and pops, I need to go to the IS300 board and see. I think Lexus puts there interior together well, if BMW would get there interior quite and solid, it would be amazing. Perfect exterior and perfect interior, I can dream can't I? :D
Unfortunatley this isn't true. The lexus actually seems to have more interior build issues than our cars. For example the dead pedal is made of such cheap plastic that it snaps off, the moonroof shade and headliner rattle, the chrome trim on the gear knob can peel, etc. There are more issues than that but I can't remember-- cruise the IS board for a little bit and you'll see. I'd almost be willing to accept the cheesy looking interior and flimsy plastics if it didn't rattle- but apparently it does so I'll stick w/ my nice BMW interior (although it has 2 annoying rattles that might never get fixed).

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
robg said:

Unfortunatley this isn't true. The lexus actually seems to have more interior build issues than our cars. For example the dead pedal is made of such cheap plastic that it snaps off, the moonroof shade and headliner rattle, the chrome trim on the gear knob can peel, etc. There are more issues than that but I can't remember-- cruise the IS board for a little bit and you'll see. I'd almost be willing to accept the cheesy looking interior and flimsy plastics if it didn't rattle- but apparently it does so I'll stick w/ my nice BMW interior (although it has 2 annoying rattles that might never get fixed).
Yes, after lurking on the IS board, I do see problems with noises and sunroof sounds..hmmmmmmmm :yikes:

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
robg said:
I'll stick w/ my nice BMW interior (although it has 2 annoying rattles that might never get fixed).
Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for your rattles to develop?

I have one, that goes away easily -- the height adjuster for the driver's seat belt... as long as it isn't all the way up or all the way down, it doesn't rattle. But in either of the extreme positions, it makes a quiet little squeak over bumps. It wouldn't be so annoying if it wasn't right next to my ear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.