BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my recent ED trip, I used the self-service car wash in Ismaning. It is directly across from the ED Tires shop, as well as a BMW dealer. The address of the tire shop (Reifen Buchler Point S) is:

MAX-VON-EYTH-STRASSE 13
85737 ISMANING

Here's a rough translation of the German language on the various buttons. I am certain my translations are not precisely accurate, however will give you an idea of the function of the various buttons.

I put in about 6 euros which was more than enough to wash the car. I still had 3 minutes left when I was finished.

It is about 10 minutes from here to Harms.

Attachments

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
Thanks, I may use this in June! Are there blowers to dry the car or did you towel dry or just let it dry itself?

Also, do you just press each button as you want to use that function and then put in more coins when it shuts off?

Is there a change machine there or a bill acceptor?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I may use this in June! Are there blowers to dry the car or did you towel dry or just let it dry itself?

Also, do you just press each button as you want to use that function and then put in more coins when it shuts off?

Is there a change machine there or a bill acceptor?

Thanks much!
No there were no blowers and I remember thinking I should have brought along some towels or tee shirts :) to do the job.

I didn't mention it and didn't need to use it, but they actually have more "vacuum bays" than wash bays. Not sure why that is, but obviously handy if you've accumulated some dirt in your interior.

As far as I could tell, put your money in (only .50 euro, 1 euro, or 2 euro coins accepted) and watch the time roll up until you think you have enough. Then as you want to engage the appropriate function, just press that button. I didn't have to, but suspect you can add coins along the way if you think you will need more time.

And finally, I didn't see a change machine in the immediate vicinity, however didn't really look as I was anxious to unload all the coins I had collected during the trip...have fun!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
This is a good car wash.

I'd highly recommend bringing a P21 Towel (http://www.properautocare.com/p21-168.html); it has its own plastic case so it won't stink up your luggage.

You might also want to order some micro-fiber towels and bring them with you.

When I did ED with my car, I also emptied out some hotel shampoo bottles and filled them with my Menzerna car wash and spray wax (used a hair spray bottle for that) and brought a microfiber wash mit (that I sacrificed at the car wash but expected to do so).

All of these fit in my zip-lock liquids bag (I only do carry-on).

Best to bring your own supplies if you can; while you can likely find the stuff in Germany, it's likely to be a wild goose chase and who really wants to do that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know if this car wash is open on Sundays? I've been reading that lots of businesses shut down on Sundays but that is the day I need to clean the car up before dropping off at Harms. If it is closed, what other alternatives are there for a Sunday car wash? Thanks!

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
Does anyone know if this car wash is open on Sundays? I've been reading that lots of businesses shut down on Sundays but that is the day I need to clean the car up before dropping off at Harms. If it is closed, what other alternatives are there for a Sunday car wash? Thanks!
Since it is self service I'm guessing that it is open 7 days a week, but I'm not positive about that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts