BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

(photo # 2 in the 335 coupe wallpaper gallery)

There's an iDrive interface button, but no iDrive system. Is this normal? I'm not that familiar with iDrive or even the 3-Series, since I don't have one, but I thought that button only came with the iDrive.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I noticed that too...prolly a mockup interior.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why? It's so much easier to take an actual photo of an actual car.

·
Analyst + Therapist = ...
8,102 Posts
Research shows that people LOVE the iDrive soo much that they'll settle for just the button being there! :rofl:

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
The lighting, and texture, on the dash looks fake the more you look at it (especially to the left of the steering wheel).

BMW uses a lot of Photoshop work in their publicity materials - just look through a couple of their brochures and you can see little errors.

I am always finding cars they "added" a new color trim, or remove options or wheels.

This is a pretty good one!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd say this is a TERRIBLE one. It's even misleading, I may add. What if you want to claim you got your 3-Series coupe with every single option but navigation and it didn't come with that button? No case at all?

·
On the Road!
165 Posts
Look through the windshield - is the car sitting in the living room or something?

Dave.

·
Registered
57 Posts
wow another good eye +1 for you

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Research shows that people LOVE the iDrive soo much that they'll settle for just the button being there! :rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'd say this is a TERRIBLE one. It's even misleading, I may add. What if you want to claim you got your 3-Series coupe with every single option but navigation and it didn't come with that button? No case at all?
Easy buddy, BMW has already taken so many options away from us because we are such a litigious society (i.e. remote role up window with the key). It's just an error. NOT A BIG DEAL. Thank you for finding it, we appreciate your keen observation but lets leave the "it's even misleading" part out. That's why EVERY brochure says that the manufacturer reserves the right to change options.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where exactly is this photo on BMW's site? I found a very similar photo in the E92 Image Gallery, but it doesn't have the iDrive knob.

This same photo, without the knowb, is on pages 26 and 27 of The all-new 2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe brochure.

Dave

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Where exactly is this photo on BMW's site? I found a very similar photo in the E92 Image Gallery, but it doesn't have the iDrive knob.

This same photo, without the knowb, is on pages 26 and 27 of The all-new 2007 BMW 3 Series Coupe brochure.

Dave
Same here. Couldn't find it. Link?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another small error I notice:

It also has thumb rests on the steering wheel with the optional paddles. From everything I've read, when you order paddles you get a non-thumb rest wheel.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

(photo # 2 in the 335 coupe wallpaper gallery)

There's an iDrive interface button, but no iDrive system. Is this normal? I'm not that familiar with iDrive or even the 3-Series, since I don't have one, but I thought that button only came with the iDrive.
Dude, you do have too much time on your hands! :D

Since when the commercial materials have to be 100% accurate? Just admit you want a bimmer, get it, enjoy it and join the club :bigpimp:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I picked up a Three series brochure in Germany and while similar the pictures vary slightly. It seems that they're Photo Shopped adding and deleting features (wheels, interiors, AC etc.) to suit the different markets. Looks like some one in continuity slipped up. Maybe the same guy who let one car loose five hubcaps in the chase scene from Bullitt.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just admit you want a bimmer, get it, enjoy it and join the club :bigpimp:
Not. With that interior, I don't. :rolleyes: Just kidding. It is a very important factor for me, but not the determining one. The determining one is that I am against placing an order and no dealer around me has a manual coupe in stock. Or has since the car came out.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Not. With that interior, I don't. :rolleyes: Just kidding. It is a very important factor for me, but not the determining one. The determining one is that I am against placing an order and no dealer around me has a manual coupe in stock. Or has since the car came out.
Coupes are practically sold out until MY08... If you are so conscious about every detail (a lot of us are), just order what you want direct or do ED. Again, would be difficult (if not impossible) to get '07 model now to your exact specs...

The point is, commercial materials will have crap like what you see in the pic (most of the ads would even say that "model on the picture may not represent the real thing...". Or something to that effect.

Good luck!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am indeed conscious about every detail, but I also have no rush, since I have a car I like and no need to get rid of it for now, just that I like the E92/E93 and wouldn't mind a switch. If it's MY08, then it is MY08 and I'll wait for local stock. :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Manuals are rare as balls. The only manual I found was 10 hrs away.

You should do an ED man, it's part of the bmw experience.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts