BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 335i
Hoping someone can clarify these errors/issues a bit...car has 104k miles.

Car stalls, 'jumps' (when sitting at a light) RPMs will jump, at times, car will displays all these errors and then will not shift out of 3rd gear...so I have to pull over, turn the car off, wait 5 seconds or so, then start her up again.

The car going from Park to R or D, at times, is noisy, sometimes not.

Im hoping seliniod (all 6?) replacement and full service on the tranny to fix, I don't have a way to pull codes but check engine light is on, obviously.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly without the error codes it's like throwing darts - blindfolded. Invest in a K+DCAN cable ($20) and download the free software available around here - you'll then have a factory level diagnostic tool. Start by posting the error codes from the engine ECU (DME) and the tranny ECU (EGS)
Ordered. Ill start researching Software to use..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This issue is really bumming me out. Cable comes today, but no help with the Software to use. I see rheingold?

Upgrades I just performed last week: (all new)
-Radiator
-Power Steering pump with fluid flush and fill
-Front Shocks
-Valve Cover replacement with Gasket
-Spark Plugs
-Coilovers
-Charge Pipe (Cobb Tuning)
-Vacuum Lines (2) that run over the Valve Cover
-Break booster line (that receives the 2 lines from the canisters that run over the valve cover)
-Blow-By Vent Hose ES#19642

Which I thought was going to clean up all my issues. Like just a bit ago, had the car in park, running in the garage, and the car just stalls, then I goto start it, and all the errors I have pics of in this thread pop up again!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly without the error codes it's like throwing darts - blindfolded. Invest in a K+DCAN cable ($20) and download the free software available around here - you'll then have a factory level diagnostic tool. Start by posting the error codes from the engine ECU (DME) and the tranny ECU (EGS)

Well, my ProTool Bluetooth came in. Just replaced battery and reset all codes. Ran the car for awhile, all is well, then I park it and goto gym, when I come out, same issues when I started the car before I even put it in drive.

Screens of codes attached.

Looks like Crankshaft sensor failure.
Codes:
51A6
2A94

Found a few threads confirming:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=993063
https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49080

Opinions welcome. Ordering the part now...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts