BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden last night lost auto high beams and the HUD when in Nav went to a lack of content. Many things missing from the HUD when using Nav?

Anyone else have this issue. Also lost comfort access welcome lights.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes. Well known bug. If you hold down the power button for 30 seconds or so, it will force iDrive to reboot and it should resume normal functioning...until the next time or a software update.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sorry, the radio power button. I think 30 seconds is the magic number. The iDrive screen will go black and everything will reboot. You should see that content reappear on your cluster after it finishes booting up. If not, try again.

I think the update I received has squashed this bug (even though it doesn't seem to have improved anything else and brought with it other new issues). I don't recall this happening again since I was updated to .49.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,

This is my wife's car and don't want to make it worse. She is clueless when it comes to these sort of things and If I was not driving the car she probably would not even have noticed it.

It was very apprent that something changed while driving the car sat night. All of a sudden things just changed.

Very unhappy with all these bugs. We had a 2018 X5 purchased in early dec BMW had to buy it back because it had a bad trans after 100 miles. They gave us the 2019 x5 for the same price we paid for the 2018.

Don't know now if this was such a great idea. Holding down the button for 30 sec you think will bring me back to where we were before, will this cause more issues and will the dealer give me crap if I do more damage.

Just a question, Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car went in for a check on systems that were in question. The answer was there was an update to the nav system and this is the new look. Auto high beams have yet to be tested but they said they only will work at speed not pulling into your garage.

All other systems seem to be working now. Time will tell. They did not offer a software update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts