Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have a 2008 BMW 650i and I’d like to wipe the previous phones connected on it and connect my iPhone X to it. But it wont allow me to remove the previously connected devices. Image1546297460.335306.jpg I can’t even move them up or delete the device. Image1546297497.026066.jpg Image1546297512.591825.jpg (Vin: WBAEA53558CV90663) Anyone have any idea on what to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everyone! I have a 2008 BMW 650i and I’d like to wipe the previous phones connected on it and connect my iPhone X to it. But it wont allow me to remove the previously connected devices. View attachment 834177 I can’t even move them up or delete the device. View attachment 834179 View attachment 834181 (Vin: WBAEA53558CV90663) Anyone have any idea on what to do?

I also cannot connect either. But I’ve had it previously connected a while ago. But I’ve wiped my phone numerous times and so I’ve lost the saved connected a long time ago as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,328 Posts
Try & reset the IDrive by holding both eject buttons, along with the power buttons at the same time. This should force a reboot of the IDrive. You cn not have more than 3 phones entered in the Bluetooth menu. If you don't have your manual, there should be one you can download from BMWNA, or at the top of the page under Stickies. If your battery voltage is low, this can also keep the Bluetooth from working at times.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try & reset the IDrive by holding both eject buttons, along with the power buttons at the same time. This should force a reboot of the IDrive. You cn not have more than 3 phones entered in the Bluetooth menu. If you don't have your manual, there should be one you can download from BMWNA, or at the top of the page under Stickies. If your battery voltage is low, this can also keep the Bluetooth from working at times.

I mean the car has been off since I posted. Shouldn’t that act as a reboot? Also the issue is that I cant even delete the phones. I’ll go ahead and look at the manual.

·
Super Moderator
8,328 Posts
Turning the car off & on will not reset the IDrive, it must be done manually. Try the reset as described above, & see what happens. I would also check the batter voltage, just to rule that out also.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turning the car off & on will not reset the IDrive, it must be done manually. Try the reset as described above, & see what happens. I would also check the batter voltage, just to rule that out also.

Okay, I’ll be doing the reset. Just out of curiosity, what exactly does it do? The reset? Does it wipe all user data and then reboot the system?

·
Super Moderator
8,328 Posts
It simply reboots the IDrive if it has come corrupted for some reason, it will not erase anything.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you got it fixed.

I have an update and a new issue. So it paired once that happened etc. But sometimes bluetooth won’t work and it’ll forget anything was connected. Image1548009102.473836.jpg

But literally 10 minutes ago( I dropped something off at a building) i was connected for the first time in a few days (because of the issue stated above).

I’ll initiate the whole pairing a new device process but my devices never find it (I’m assuming it’s not giving signal).

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
8,328 Posts
I would suggest charging your battery to see if this fixes the problem. When a battery is getting low on voltage, Bluetooth is one of the 1st 3 items that get deactivated from load shed. Try Charging your battery, or have it checked. It must stay above 12 volts with the engine off, The cold winter weather attacks the battery voltage more than most people think. Also try rebooting the IDrive again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would suggest charging your battery to see if this fixes the problem. When a battery is getting low on voltage, Bluetooth is one of the 1st 3 items that get deactivated from load shed. Try Charging your battery, or have it checked. It must stay above 12 volts with the engine off, The cold winter weather attacks the battery voltage more than most people think. Also try rebooting the IDrive again.

What charger would you recommend?

·
Super Moderator
8,328 Posts
A lot of members here use the C-Tek battery charger, but any charger for an AGM battery will work. I have found that if the battery gets to low on voltage, I use a larger charger 1st. The C-Tek is a good battery maintainer charger, that will also condition an older battery that starts to show signs of going bad. It will recondition the battery to keep it working as it should .

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A lot of members here use the C-Tek battery charger, but any charger for an AGM battery will work. I have found that if the battery gets to low on voltage, I use a larger charger 1st. The C-Tek is a good battery maintainer charger, that will also condition an older battery that starts to show signs of going bad. It will recondition the battery to keep it working as it should .

Thank you for the solid advice, I’ll be investing in a charger soon and will report back.

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
Just an FYI...you don't want just a straight up battery charger...you want one that has a battery tender/maintainer capability (will stop charging when battery has reached a specified voltage).

Also, connect the charger to the jump start terminals in the engine bay so that the charge is registered by your IBS (intelligent battery sensor). If you hook directlyl to the battery...this bypasses the IBS, thus it can register an unusual increase as a fault and create more problems (like the ECU & alternator not charging the battery correctly).

I picked up a BMW maintainer this past December ( I think it was Sun Motors selling on eBay)...I had some reward cash to use up so that covered most of the expense (since the BMW branded charger usually costs more than the CTEK brand. But again, make sure that you can charge an AGM battery and that it stops when the battery is fully charged:

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just an FYI...you don't want just a straight up battery charger...you want one that has a battery tender/maintainer capability (will stop charging when battery has reached a specified voltage).

Also, connect the charger to the jump start terminals in the engine bay so that the charge is registered by your IBS (intelligent battery sensor). If you hook directlyl to the battery...this bypasses the IBS, thus it can register an unusual increase as a fault and create more problems (like the ECU & alternator not charging the battery correctly).

I picked up a BMW maintainer this past December ( I think it was Sun Motors selling on eBay)...I had some reward cash to use up so that covered most of the expense (since the BMW branded charger usually costs more than the CTEK brand. But again, make sure that you can charge an AGM battery and that it stops when the battery is fully charged:

How long should i have the vehicle charge for? My BMW isn’t inside unfortunately as I have a project land cruiser taking up most of my garage space. I wouldn’t want to have my battery tender stolen by not keeping an eye on it.

·
Super Moderator
8,328 Posts
It depends on how low the battery voltage is? If the voltage has gotten below 12 volts, it could take 12 to 16 hours. It is hard to say depending the charger used & the batteries condition? The C-Tek charger is not a fast charger, & does a slow charge. If you use a C-Tek charger, you could leave the charger under the hood, then close the hood. This way it could not be stolen. As long as the charger you use can charge AGM batteries properly, it will be fine.

Make sure if you leave the charger under the hood, make sure it is safely out of the way, in case you drive off with the charger under the hood. My wife has done this without knowing I had the charger under the hood, I am glad it had a quick disconnect on the chargers cable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts