BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I turned on the car using comfort access, and my display screen was blank! Then I noticed the SOS/Phone light came on indicating it was not in service. I looked over my navigation display and still nothing. After shutting the car off, and turning it back on...the display finally came up, but my idrive didn't work. None of the controls worked. In addition, my radio didn't work, no sound, preset was all lost. 5 mins had past and I was getting pissed off. I then decided to eject the navigation cd, and insert it back in. Ta DA...its worked! Everything was back to normal.

Anyone have an explanation or experience anything like this? I thought I had to make a quick run to the service department but luckly reinserting the nav cd did the trick. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good thinking

All computers are subject to glitches. Good thinking :thumbup: on your part to force a reboot. I'll keep this in mind if it ever happens to my car.

·
Get Down in A Town
159 Posts
how were you able to eject the Nav CD? i have the same situation in my 04 545i and i am have no power to any of the drives or Nav system in order to eject the disc. if i hold the eject button there is no response.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Something similiar happened to me the other day.
I just inserted the fob into the slot and all was good. It was like it had lost the signal or something. I haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had a similar thing happen to my non-nav 328 a few months ago. The phone wouldn't connect to bluetooth, the SOS warning light came on and most importantly the radio stopped working. Within a day everything was back to normal. I have to say, these little electrical gremlins worry me as I tend to keep cars for a long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts