BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2015 BMW 228i that we bought in May 2016 and the Car sat on the dealer lot for over a year.
We do not take our cars through car washes, we have them hand wash the car with only using microfiber clothes and no harsh chemicals. We took the car to get washed last weekend and while the guy was handwashing it, is when we noticed the problem.

The front is blacked out, so we have a black grill, black trim that goes across the bottom in the middle and black trim around the two headlights and a piece of black trim on the back bumper.

All of the black trim is starting to turn blue, the back piece, the middle bottom piece on the front, the right headlight and the left headlight is halfway blue and halfway black. We did not notice this before but we really did not look at that trim specifically when we bought it so we really don't know how long it has been like that.

The dealer is saying we used harsh chemicals and we didn't. Anyone hear anything or know anything?????? Need help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Issues with BMW exterior trim

I can try and post pics but it will probably be hard to see. I get out of work in 5 hours and I will take some pics and post them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Car is little dirty since we had rain yesterday. I am sorry, I apologize but I realize I said in the beginning post headlights but it is fog lights.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I bet the car sat in that Nevada heat!! Sunlight is hard on car finishes. I'd talk with the dealer GM about this issue. Be nice but firm. The GM may say that there's no warranty on the paint and trim, or that you should have noticed it when you bought the car. But, ask anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about that. But, they should have better material then that can hold up to the heat. I have a chevy high country truck that is more than the BMW and it does not have this problem. This is a bunch of crap, i am going to see hat BMW comes back with but I know that I did not cause this. I would probably have to point out cars on the lot that have the same problem to point it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts