BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
421 - 440 of 517 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Hi Albert,

i think i let the link expire, can you send it to me again please.
Hi,
Could i also get the link for downloading ISTA . thanks
Hi, I have a 2007 BMW 335i. I downloaded ISTA / D. I am told i need ISTA / P or ISTA +. Can you send me a link for BMW 335i please
Hi Can i please get the link for ISTA+ aswell?
Can I get the link for ISTA+?

Thanks
PM sent

·
Registered
42 Posts
My 2014 diagnostic laptop died recently and I have to reinstall (mostly ISTA to do diags on E87 and E65) everything on a new machine.

I kinda remember how things work (BMW advanced tools, EDIABAS, the .NET framework, vcredist, etc.) but I need the links. Could you share these with me?
If ISTA could come with the Franch language files, that would be even better (I share that diag tool with my father).

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
HOW TO INSTALL REPOST

Hello all,

here in the middle of Finland ISTA+ got from @Adalbert_77 last week runs great. Wasn’t so easy to install for me either, I’m over 50y/o and computers are not so easy for me...

But anyhow, by reading this thread, sister thread ”Beginner’s Guide to BMW ISTA+ and the pdf instruction ”GUIDE TO ISTA+” on the 1st page there, I did manage. To be honest, first thing should be just google ”installation for ISTA 4.32.15” maybe is the best way to find out, what needs to be done...I did that a bit too late...when everything was working already. On the pdf instruction ”GUIDE TO ISTA+”, done for earlier versions, some points will mislead for sure. Like @Adalbert_77 said, this ISTA 4.32.15 does not need any licence to work, or at least, for me it did not ask licences. So here are steps I did take...or finally take to get this work.

• Download ”ISTA -D Full (the newest)” from MEGA server. To do this, I did purhase 1month MEGA lisense for 5eur and did install their app ”MEGAsync”. I did not find any other way to download so big file, this seemed to work fine. Did take maby two hours... I didn’t locate the zip directlly under c:/, I was working with it on the temporarily folder under the ”users folder”.
  • Next I did install needed zipping programs, latest version for ”7-zip” and for ”WinRar”.
  • On the path ”ISTA -D Full (the newest) / tools” are needed tools to run the program. For my computer, running windows10, I did install from there "Java", "Patched_EDIABAS_7.3.0 (this is needed for the K+DCAN-cable I’m using for my son E87)" and "VCRedist 2005-2019 x86 x64"
  • By using latest ”7-zip” unzip file ISTA_v4.32.15.24911 what is directly under ”ISTA -D Full (the newest)”. It will make unzipped path ”ISTA -D Full (the newest) / Rheingold / and so on...”. Move the Rheingold-folder directly under c:/.
  • Under ”Rheingold”, there is a folder ”PSdZ”. Unzip needed PSdZ-file by using ”7-zip” and place there. These can be found from the ISTA -D Full (the newest) / SDP+BLP folder. I did unpack the biggest one ” psdzdata SDP_Full_4.36.22.7z.rar”. Smaller one is just for diagnostic. Add extracted folder name ”psdzdata” under ” c:/ Rheingold/PSdZ” (If I remember right, there was already few files/folders).
  • Under ”Rheingold”, there is an empty folder ”SQLiteDBs”. If you need just an english version, unzip from the material files ” GLOBAL_4.32.12” and ” EN_4.32.12”. For this I did use first 7-zip...but endeed up to use WinRar. If you do not need germany, you will find totally five files, "DiagDocDb", "streamdataprimitive_ENGB", "streamdataprimitive_OTHER", "xmlvalueprimitive_ENGB" and "xmlvalueprimitive_OTHER". Place these directly under path c:/ Rheingold/ SQLiteDBs. First I had extra folders from the zip under the SQLiteDBs...took long time to figure out...why the program is giving some ”installation not finished” errors...this was the biggest issue for me to figure out, what I’m doing wrong.
  • Make a shortcut for the start file ISTAGUI.exe, can be found from C:\Rheingold\TesterGUI\bin\Release. Take a look also for the pdf-instruction.
  • Run needed registry files, can be found from the path ”ISTA -D Full (the newest)/tools/regfiles_full_sdp_blp”. Full for me, cause I did choose full version. I did run both ISTA_Reg_Fix_x64 and ISTA_Reg_Fix_x86...but I bet the idea is to run just that what match to your computer...not both.
  • Reboot
  • Now the program did open from the shortcut, do not ask license or anything.
  • To make the K-DCAN cable to work, goes according to pdf instruction ”GUIDE TO ISTA+”. Only difference for me, I did use COM1 port, cause I’m using the same cable for INSTA...and on there I did not find the way to change the port to COM9. On the ISTA+ settings enabling the ”ediabas standard settings” looks a bit different comparing to the old version used for the pdf-instruction.
Well, few days has passed I did make the installation...hope I did remember all correctly...there was few mistakes on my installation path also, took some time😊 But now me and mys son are changing the nox-catalysator virtually w/o tools...

421 - 440 of 517 Posts