BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its raining here and my wipers are shot. About to go on a trip but no one has wiper blades that fit. Looked on amazon to for amazom prime over night on the cheap. Amazon prime does not even carry wiper blades on prime anymore. Its annoying.. Wiper blades are one of those things you just want to walk into a store and pick up.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I've found that the OEM blades I purchased from my dealer are reasonably priced considering the fact that they have lasted 2 years on my E91 and are still going strong.

Tom

·
Registered
295 Posts
OEM blades replaced on mine by dealer at 27k (right before I took ownership). 2 years and 45k mi later and they still work nearly perfect. OEM ftw:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've bought mine at Auto Zone. Bosch. They have them in stock, even at the country bumpkin store that is nearest to me.

Al

·
Registered
739 Posts
I got a pair installed at the dealer last time I was there for service. $55 if I remember correctly. Seems about inline with the fancy blades I bought on Amazon for the wifes Accord.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've found that the OEM blades I purchased from my dealer are reasonably priced considering the fact that they have lasted 2 years on my E91 and are still going strong.

Tom
The dealership here charges 103 dollars after tax. The same oem blades BMW are 38 dollars online. This is the parts counter at BMW so I don't know if they charge less through the service department. That would be pretty screwed up if they charge more to buy them as parts than to have them installed.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I've bought mine at Auto Zone. Bosch. They have them in stock, even at the country bumpkin store that is nearest to me.

Al
Not for 09 sedan and beyond. I went to autozone, discount and pepboys. Guy came out with 3 different brands that the computer says fit. Tries to put them on but none of them fit at all.

·
Registered
715 Posts
It's something like any manufacture date up to 9/2009 had the slide-on axle type connector. After that it changed to something else.

·
Registered
121 Posts
All I can say is that my 2011 E92 has standard pinch tab type mounts and aftermarket Bosch beam type blades I bought in the local Auto Zone. There is a hardware kit in the package that adapts the blade to all the common mounts.

One gotcha with the E9x cars is that while the drivers side blades are all 24", the passenger side is 17" on the coupe and convertible and 19" on the sedan and touring.

Al

·
Registered
423 Posts
Amazon sells Valeo (OEM) blades. My 2008 E93 uses the 24" on the drivers side and 18" on the passengers side. The part numbers are: 900-24-10B and 900-18-10B. I always keep a spare kit in the house. The ones on the car are currently 1.5 years old and still going strong, lol.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Just buy OEM rubber at the dealer...I -- and other long time BMW owners -- have found that BMW rubber lasts 2 years, rather than needing annual replacement.

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,650 Posts
Not even if they could last six years or more? That's how long the original wiper blades have been in service on my 335xi: Six years, 108,000 miles and still cleaning perfectly with no streaks or smears. This past winter was the first time they began to chatter or skip, indicating they have stiffened up at last and will need replacement before the cold weather returns.

Often the inserts don't actually need to be replaced, just cleaned. Once or twice a year, I clean off the oxidized rubber using paper towels and household ammonia. It's also important to keep the windshield scrupulously clean (and therefore, smooth--I clay-bar the glass annually with the rest of the car [and use Rain-X when I think of it]). With that little bit of extra care, wiper inserts/blades last a ridiculously long time.

(I wouldn't expect that kind of life in the blazing heat of the Southwest, though. Here in the Northeast, they'll last much longer than 1-2 years with proper care.)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts