BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Introducing...a future '08 335i coupe owner!! This will not be my first BMW, as I had a 97 Z3 and an 04 330ci but this will be my very first ED!! What can I say, unequivocally BMW is the only way to drive!

Hello, I'm Ted, and my ED will take place this autumn during August 31 - Sept 8 2008. My girlfriend and I already put in the order with Mr. Irv Robinson of Motor Works and got the confirmation, this is soo exciting! Since I'm on this subject, Irv and his assistant Edy have been super so far, and answered any questions that I had (after all, I'm an ED newbie so there were many of them, thank you Irv & Edy!!). I highly recommend him, and I haven't even gotten my car yet!

Ok, here are the details: as I said above, '08 335i Coupe, sparkling graphite, burlwood trim, saddle brown leather, sport, premium and komfort packages, 6 speed and navigation! :thumbup::thumbup::)

I'm also going to take this time to ask the ED veterans here for some advice. I have budgeted ourselves about $2,000 for the trip itself (not including my girlfriends ticket as I understand mine would be free nor the gas itself since I suspect it will be around $8/gallon).

1) what things and/or places are a must to visit during our week long trip? The weather should be awesome, and I don't suspect it will be packed as it will be right before the Oktoberfest. To begin with, we were thinking: Neuschwanstein castle, Eagle's Nest, Romantika Strasse (spelling?) and perhaps Dachau, although it might be a little too depressing for my my girl. We love nature, old cities' arhitecture and history, but we're open to any suggestions of course!
2) depending on what your recommendations are, where do you suggest to stay to remain within budget?
3) We don't anticipate to splurge out on the dinner or super expensive 5 stars hotels, so given a 7 day trip, do you guys think that 2k should suffice or am I being unrealistic?

Well, that should be enough to open a few discussions, so I appreciate any help given!

Cheers!
Ted

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,345 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. Post your question here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25 You'll get a better response there. This forum is mainly used for introductions. Don't forget to budget in toll road fees if you happen to go to a different country. :thumbup: :roundel:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts