BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps a bit aggressive, but we're flexible, so if we don't make the entire route, we'll adapt and adjust. We both love driving, so time in the vehicle with brief stops is ok.

Aug. 26th
1. Arrive in Germany
2. Check into Marriot or Holiday Inn
3. Tour Munich
4. Stay night in Munich

Aug. 27th (Sun.)
1. Tour Munich

Aug. 28th
1. Take delivery of car in morning
2. Tour BMW museum
3. Drive to Salzberg Austria (130 miles)
4. Stay night in Salzberg

Aug. 29th
1. Tour Salzberg Austria
2. Possibly drive to Vienna
3. or Possibly stay night in Salzberg

Aug. 30th
1. Drive to Vienna Austria (170 miles)
2. Tour Vienna
3. Stay night in or around Vienna
We may cut out Vienna and drive the Grossglockner High Alpine Road straight to Venice - looks spectacular!

Aug. 31st
1. Drive to Venice Italy (375 miles)
2. Tour countryside during drive
3. Arrive in Venice
4. Stay night in or around Venice

Sept. 1st
1. Tour Venice
2. Day drive around countryside
3. Stay night in or around Venice

Sept. 2nd
1. Drive to Lugano Switzerland (210 miles)
2. Stay night in Lugano

Sept. 3rd
1. Drive to Luzern Switzerland
2. Stay night in Luzern

Sept. 4th
1. Drive to Zurich Switzerland (135 miles from Lugano) or stay another night in Luzern
2. Stay night in or around Zurich

Sept. 5th
1. Drive to Munich (227 miles from Luzern)
2. Have 1200 mile service done
3. Take English factory tour (6:00pm)

Sept. 6th
1. Drive to Nurnberg (265 miles)
2. Tour countryside - past 1200 mile
3. Tour Nurburgring
4. Take Ring Taxi (M5) :)

Sept. 7th
1. Alternate Ring Taxi day
2. Drive the heck out of our M5
3. Drive Autobahns!

Sept. 8th
1. Drive to Munich (105 miles)
1.5. Alternate factory tour (1:15)
2. Drive to delivery center
3. Turn in vehicle in evening
4. Tour Munich again

Sept. 9th
1. To airport
2. Fly home
3. Arrive in Houston

·
Happily Driving
7,201 Posts
Wow! Looks like you have a lot of stuff planned!!!!

I noticed you said "our M5" so I am assuming that is the car you are getting. Sweet! If I were you and in my new M5, I'd probably spend just as much time on the road! :)

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
Me530 said:
I noticed you said "our M5" so I am assuming that is the car you are getting. Sweet! If I were you and in my new M5, I'd probably spend just as much time on the road! :)
+1 :thumbup: Also, is one of the tours you have on the proposed itinerary a Dingolfing plant tour? That is definitely the one you would want to see, the birthplace of your M5.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep, M5 - a dream coming true for both my wife and me. That's why we're being a bit aggressive with driving. We can always tone it down a bit if needed.

Dingolfing - that's the name of the place! Yes, we'd likely prefer that tour, but are flexible. I'm sure the other factory is phenominal and would interest us both with the automation as we're both mech. engineers. However, to see the birthplacee of our baby would be nice. Plus that would give the car a chance to say goodby to it's first home where it took its first breath.

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
Oh yeah! Go to Dingolfing where she was born, then with the proper mileage you can give her a good spank on the rear end and clear out the air passages (if you know what I mean). :D ;)

·
Happily Driving
7,201 Posts
mdsbuc said:
Oh yeah! Go to Dingolfing where she was born, then with the proper mileage you can give her a good spank on the rear end and clear out the air passages (if you know what I mean). :D ;)
+1

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,358 Posts
mdsbuc said:
Giddddddyyyyy uppppp!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, that'll be about the right timing for the 1200+ mile driving regimen (5000+rpm! time).

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
Tim Krasin said:
Yep, that'll be about the right timing for the 1200+ mile driving regimen (5000+rpm! time).
Not to mention the Power Button. :thumbup:

Cheers

·
Registered
245 Posts
Your itinerary

Hi, we completed our 14 day trip on July 8. I recommend the Venice Resort Hotel which is about 1.5 miles from the Venice airport. It is a cluster of 3 converted farm houses and can be booked at hotels.com. It is only about 15 miles to the big parking garage that is across from the water taxi into Venice. We drove from there to Como which is just short of Lugano. I also recommend that you vist Lauderbrunnen, Switzerland. It is 6 miles from Interlaken and is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been. Plus, the road through the Alps from the highway (A8, if I remember correctly) is spactacular! The exit is just after the long 10 mile tunnel; You won't regret it. Forget about Luzern...just another city.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts