BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a gorgeous day here in sunny California and I'm driving around with all my windows and the sunroof open wishing I had a convertible! I see 3 e93's driving around with the top up and all the windows up! AAARG!.... I guess if I owned a convertible I'd understand :dunno:

No offense to anyone, just a curious observation.

·
*Da Butter Pecan Papi*
2,261 Posts
Maybe they got too hot and wanted some AC time... :dunno:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Having owned many convertibles: 1. too hot ... no good 2. highway...... no good 3. too sunny...... no good. 3. too dusty....... no good getting the idea??????

In fact the best is fall, spring, sunset, a really sunny day in January.

You can tell who is a new convertible owner, and a seasoned one. Anyone sitting in traffic with the top down!!!! IS a newbie.

As you can tell after owning many convertibles, my new 335i is a coupe.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Real convertible drivers out here never put the top up except for the 5 days a year that it rains.

I am not one of them.

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
I'm in N. Cali and it's 87 Degrees. The top is ALWAYS down, even when it's FREEZING outside! If it's too hot, I turn on the AC and blast it in my face. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in N. Cali and it's 87 Degrees. The top is ALWAYS down, even when it's FREEZING outside! If it's too hot, I turn on the AC and blast it in my face. :D
I think that would be me if I had a vert. BTW I'm San Jose and the next few days should be great "top down weather" !! You lucky dog! :thumbup:

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
I think that would be me if I had a vert. BTW I'm San Jose and the next few days should be great "top down weather" !! You lucky dog! :thumbup:
It's going to be hot, hot, hot!!!!

·
resident dj
201 Posts
haha, i don't have a vert, but i do drive with my windows down and AC on :)

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Just walked into my office and damn it is hot out there.

Says the guy with an M5? :rofl: I wish BMW offered a panorama roof option on the E93, I can't live without my moonroof!

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
I was just thinking that tonight when I get home, I'd better water my lawn! They say it's going to be 105+!!!!

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Just walked into my office and damn it is hot out there.

Says the guy with an M5? :rofl: I wish BMW offered a panorama roof option on the E93, I can't live without my moonroof!
Where are you? I work in Campbell and live in Gilroy.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
sun protection....

very important for convertible car drivers... they have to protect their looks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Roadster owner checking in. I'll explain it the same way I do to everyone else. It***8217;s easy, just think back to grade school. Remember the experiment where you take a potato and put it in the middle of a box full of foil? The potato cooks in the sun. Now just imagine that you are that potato!
My roadster is great in the spring and fall and early in the morning and in the evening in the summer. Other than that it***8217;s top up.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Having owned many convertibles: 1. too hot ... no good 2. highway...... no good 3. too sunny...... no good. 3. too dusty....... no good getting the idea??????

In fact the best is fall, spring, sunset, a really sunny day in January.

You can tell who is a new convertible owner, and a seasoned one. Anyone sitting in traffic with the top down!!!! IS a newbie.

As you can tell after owning many convertibles, my new 335i is a coupe.
+1 Does not make sense to pay for bluetooth, upgraded sound, etc. and not be able to enjoy it with the top down going down the freeway.

I prefer nice music and quiet cabin.

You are right. When I had a vert it was a novelty the first few months. Then it got old very fast. :eek:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts

·
A_BIG_KAHUNA
271 Posts
the top is always down...unless rain or fires....

bluetooth works great...

sunblock is in the glove compartment...

never too hot...never too cold....unless the wife is around :rofl:

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
It's a gorgeous day here in sunny California and I'm driving around with all my windows and the sunroof open wishing I had a convertible! I see 3 e93's driving around with the top up and all the windows up! AAARG!.... I guess if I owned a convertible I'd understand :dunno:

No offense to anyone, just a curious observation.
Two guesses:

1. Many convertible owners got their cars on a whim, got jaded quickly, and decided to get back to a coupe-like experience while waiting for the lease to expire.

2. Women. Heat, sun, humidity, and wind don't make for the best arrival in the office or at the mall. The ladies I see on the road tend to have the top down on weekends with a ballcap and a ponytail. If they're going someplace where they want to be seen, ironically, it's tops-up time.

BJ

·
Super Bayern!
348 Posts
Seasoned!

One reason I love the hard top is to have a quiet car when the top up. That being said, traffic in central Florida- hot, humid, slow. I never mind the top being down.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts