BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i bought this car with my OBC display messed up and i think its about time i get it fixed...any info on how much this can cost???? Thanks!

Photobucket

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Wow, that's about as bad as I've seen for the MID display. Check out this link for getting BMWNA to pony up for at least a portion of the dash replacement--often they will give a break in conjunction with the MID display, but likely they won't give any break to just replace this part:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83256

There is a DIY somewhere that gives instructions on how to remove and completely dismantle the MID display...if you are patient and handy with a soldering gun. Should be a link in the above linked discussion. Good luck!

·
Registered
233 Posts
can get same radio on eBay for like 150-250$ depending on pixel quality... this is a very common problem that many have...
you can try to fix it...

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/504260

that is a DIY fix if you want to try to repair yourself

mine is messed up too but i cannot find my same radio... mine has all 6 buttons on the right and its rare it seems...

you must replace your radio with the same one that is in the car currently as there are several differnet configurations available

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no thanks with the DIY.. 150-250 sounds better lol let me see whats up .....to me i think someone took a swing at that MID..i could be wrong..

·
Registered
391 Posts
i have one with ONLY ONE pixal. came from a 2001 540i with only 64k miles on it.
PM me if interested:thumbup:

·
Registered
447 Posts
hey guys i bought this car with my OBC display messed up and i think its about time i get it fixed...any info on how much this can cost???? Thanks!

Photobucket
WOw... pretty bad there...

get a used one but again eventually some pixels will just disappear after a while.. another interesting solution is to get an aftermarket stereo.

I prefer the oem look but that maybe an option for you... also see if someone will fix yours for you and shoot them some cash :)

·
bates man
914 Posts
excellent time for OEM navigation upgrade :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOw... pretty bad there...

get a used one but again eventually some pixels will just disappear after a while.. another interesting solution is to get an aftermarket stereo.

I prefer the oem look but that maybe an option for you... also see if someone will fix yours for you and shoot them some cash :)
yeah no aftermarket for me...but yeah everywhere i turn i see e39s in houston. so ima check out the junkyards see if i can find a good one........ ill also look around for some electrician...

excellent time for OEM navigation upgrade :)
well i record and produce music anything over 300 bucks makes me think about audio gear...the audio gear usually wins :/ but yeah i wish.. maybe later...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts