·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Damm. Same here. got mine one month ago. 3.9 finance. But if I waited, the car would have been gone. Need to change my garage-
Z3- retired
new- 05 330cic

·
Registered
19 Posts
ah

ah nuts. We just got my wife's with the 3.9% deal. The first two payments will be made by...us.

Of course this may be a good excuse for me to get an e46 coupe.

·
Properly chastised re: Xi
1,007 Posts
+1 :irate:

My credit union couldn't even touch 3.9% ... but dang, less than a month after I signed the contract? Pooh!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just considering making this move right now. 2005 Ci with 13,000 miles. The one issues is I didn't want the sport package. I can get a similar car, same price, with 30,000, no sport package. What does everyone thing about the differences? I'm just using this as a fun second car.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just considering making this move right now. 2005 Ci with 13,000 miles. The one issues is I didn't want the sport package. I can get a similar car, same price, with 30,000, no sport package. What does everyone thing about the differences? I'm just using this as a fun second car.
Why would you not want the sport package?!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think this is more of a "guy" thing. I love the feel of the non-sport, but I haven't tried sport yet. The car will be for leisurely, sunny-day rides. I'm leaving the bad weather and city driving for the SUV. I honestly don't know too much about the difference...that's why I'm asking. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Is there a downpayment needed to get the first two months free? Otherwise it seems almost too tempting to put all of it on 2.9% and make BMW two pretty large payments, no?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is there a downpayment needed to get the first two months free? Otherwise it seems almost too tempting to put all of it on 2.9% and make BMW two pretty large payments, no?
This is exactly what I did when I bought my 2005 330ci a couple of weeks ago. I was looking at the 135...but decided I did not want to wait the 3+ months for it especially with summer coming and a broken AC in my old car.

So when I found out about the first two payments on the 05s, I started looking and found a nice 330ci zhp in a color I liked (graphite) at the dealer closest to me...just the right car, right place, right time kinda thing...

Anyway, I had enough to do a down payment, but since BMWFS is covering the first two payments up to $1000 each payment, I wanted my payments as close to $1000 as I could get it, so I went with $0 down. I wanted the 2.9% for 36 months, they first came offered 3.9 for 48...and said I was waiting to be approved for the 2.9 36 months...I hesitated a bit because this put my payments a bit too much under the $1000 limit...so I basically said I would do the deal right now for 2.9 at 36 months...and they agreed...and, at 2.9%, I can leave my money in a CD that pays 4% and just make my payments...and actually make a little bit =]

The 2 free payments are up to $1000 per payment, so its like $2000 off...so it would be a good idea to get it as close to $1000 as you can...it is available for 36 to 60 months at 2.9%. I believe the 06s will get 3.9%...

Oh and btw, the very next day the same dealer I just bought my car from was offering 1.9% on 05s!

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is exactly what I did when I bought my 2005 330ci a couple of weeks ago. I was looking at the 135...but decided I did not want to wait the 3+ months for it especially with summer coming and a broken AC in my old car.

So when I found out about the first two payments on the 05s, I started looking and found a nice 330ci zhp in a color I liked (graphite) at the dealer closest to me...just the right car, right place, right time kinda thing...

Anyway, I had enough to do a down payment, but since BMWFS is covering the first two payments up to $1000 each payment, I wanted my payments as close to $1000 as I could get it, so I went with $0 down. I wanted the 2.9% for 36 months, they first came offered 3.9 for 48...and said I was waiting to be approved for the 2.9 36 months...I hesitated a bit because this put my payments a bit too much under the $1000 limit...so I basically said I would do the deal right now for 2.9 at 36 months...and they agreed...and, at 2.9%, I can leave my money in a CD that pays 4% and just make my payments...and actually make a little bit =]

The 2 free payments are up to $1000 per payment, so its like $2000 off...so it would be a good idea to get it as close to $1000 as you can...it is available for 36 to 60 months at 2.9%. I believe the 06s will get 3.9%...

Oh and btw, the very next day the same dealer I just bought my car from was offering 1.9% on 05s!
Congrats and welcome. Now pics are required! Put them in your bimmerfest garage.

btw - I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure the 2.9% is only available up to 36 months with 3.9% available for 48 - 60 months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked up my 2005 325xi today

Yes - the 2.9% is for 36 months, for 48 it's 3.9%, though everything in life is negotiable.
I picked up a orient blue 325xi today.
One thing that I noticed is that most of the CPO vehicles have had their list price bumped up about $1k in the past month, since BMWFS started offering the 2 free months. So, keep that in mind when negotiating.
Back in late April/early May, a typical 2005 325xi with 25-35k miles on it was being listed in the $23.5 - $23.9k range; now, they're almost all listed at $24.9. Depending upon the vehicle, you can negotiate that down into the $22k range.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2.9 is available for shorter terms as well. My way of looking at this was to get the first two payments by BMW and then pay off the car on the third payment ... using OPM (other peoples money) even for a short time is a good thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a 03 330i two months ago, i wish i would have waited and just pay more for a newer car. with this kind of interest! i got mine at 6.5 for 60 months.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts