BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Focus is a damn decent econobox.

But I REALLY miss my car.

I actually started having cravings over the weekend. Cravings to take the M3 out for a real drive. Actual cravings.

And I don't get it back until Friday evening.

Grrrr.....
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in_d_haus said:
I feel for ya! How's the weather back there? Would you really want to be driving your M?
The roads are mostly bone dry. The only moisture is from melting snow. Sure, it'd get dirty. But, damn, I want to drive it NOW.
 

·
•••••••
Joined
·
16,117 Posts
TD said:
The roads are mostly bone dry. The only moisture is from melting snow. Sure, it'd get dirty. But, damn, I want to drive it NOW.
Why does it take so long for relatively simple, minor body/paint work?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plaz said:
Why does it take so long for relatively simple, minor body/paint work?
It went into the body shop on Wednesday. Estimate 4-5 days.

But it was at a BMW-only independent shop on Tuesday having my front Konis installed and it took so long that it'll need to go back next Friday to have the control arm bushings replaced and get an alignment. They ran out of time on Tuesday.

I'll probably have it back from the body shop tomorrow night or Wednesday. But as it was never aligned after the shock install, I don't plan to drive it except for the couple of miles home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,869 Posts
TD said:
The roads are mostly bone dry. The only moisture is from melting snow. Sure, it'd get dirty. But, damn, I want to drive it NOW.
Fly out here and you can drive mine...A "real" M3 (2 doors) :D
 

·
•••••••
Joined
·
16,117 Posts
TD said:
It went into the body shop on Wednesday. Estimate 4-5 days.

But it was at a BMW-only independent shop on Tuesday having my front Konis installed and it took so long that it'll need to go back next Friday to have the control arm bushings replaced and get an alignment. They ran out of time on Tuesday.

I'll probably have it back from the body shop tomorrow night or Wednesday. But as it was never aligned after the shock install, I don't plan to drive it except for the couple of miles home.
Ahhh... didn't realize you were getting suspension work done as well.

Maybe it's time to take up smoking or drugs. :dunno:
 

·
OMGWTFBBQ
Joined
·
11,262 Posts
TD said:
The roads are mostly bone dry. The only moisture is from melting snow. Sure, it'd get dirty. But, damn, I want to drive it NOW.
Maybe on your upscale hoity-toity street. :flipoff:

My street was still mostly covered by ice when I left for work this morning. Last night, a friend leaving my house barely made it up the hill sideways in his S2000 (before he arrived, I told him to park at the top of the hill).

The joys of living on an out of the way cul-de-sac in suburbia :D
 

·
Car Junkie
Joined
·
3,390 Posts
While most of the streets are dry (but salty/sandy), my neighborhood is still nice and icy. It's fun playing Colin McRae in the Civic, but the M3 hasn't left the garage in a week. I do miss it.
 

·
A sudden sense of liberty
Joined
·
3,939 Posts
Last night I pondered the question of how to wash the car. Haven't come up with a good answer yet.
 

·
Car Junkie
Joined
·
3,390 Posts
JST said:
Last night I pondered the question of how to wash the car. Haven't come up with a good answer yet.
trade for one without the ///magic fingers
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JST said:
Last night I pondered the question of how to wash the car. Haven't come up with a good answer yet.
I intend to take my wife's convertible to a local coin-op carwash later this week.
 

·
Car Junkie
Joined
·
3,390 Posts
JST said:
Last night I pondered the question of how to wash the car. Haven't come up with a good answer yet.
OK, on a serious note, you can try finding a local coin-op DIY carwash. You know the type - basically a series of bays with a hose and a coinslot. You can select the pressure of the water and even send suds through the hose.

I prefer to bring my own carwash soap, bucket, and sponge, and juse use the hose for water. Don't recommend doing this if it's busy.
 

·
Car Junkie
Joined
·
3,390 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top