BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Dream Green or die
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DISCLAIMER: First Off, I know better than to post this thread, but this was a serious WTF. This thread is not original, is not intended to be original nor is it intended for any flaming purposes. That being said, be mindful when you reply. We have had this discussion before.

TO LONG : DIDN'T READ - Skip to C: to see my I am most frustrated.

I'm going to call you out. AGAIN!

DDM its 2011!

Figure out how to make a proper website, with proper customer service, and a proper checkout service. Although some of us have never experienced a issue. It seems like every time I personally order from them, I spend more time banging my head against the wall then It takes to install the parts.

So why keep ordering?

Easy Answer: I like to give seconds chances.
And thirds.
And fourths.

These are my THREE TOP COMPLAINTS that must be fixed before I ever order from your company again.

A: I Co-Own a shop in Portland Oregon. Your whole rule on not shipping to anywhere but the billing address is a huge issue. I have to order parts to my personal house then transport them to the shop. That is a complete crock! At least be willing to work with customers who want to establish accounts.

B: Customer service - I will give you credit DDM. You have made a improvement since the last time I ATTEMPTED to order parts from you. You can now talk to a human in almost the same week. Given I understand that this is the hardest part of any business, and I do give you kudos. Still got a ways to go though so don't let it go to your head.

C: THIS ONE RIGHT HERE. - This is the whole reason for the thread. If I order something online. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT MAKE ME SEND IN A COPY OF THE INVOICE WITH MY SIGNATURE. That is just complete crap, it takes extra time out of my day for absolutely nothing.

Get off your ass DDM and call me to verify don't make your customer work for you, that is ultimate lazy.

I'm just one customer sure, my canceled orders "#227657-1" and not ordering from you might not make a difference. I am sure you will still sell parts like mad, but you are losing your customers with the same passion for BMW in which I think your company was founded on.

Quit acting like a Honda parts site, start acting like a high performance car company like you are.

Hey umnitza, I guess this is punishment for cheating on you a few times last year. Ill be giving you a call today <3.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
I will never buy from ddm again either...check out ecs tuning...

·
Dream Green or die
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I have never ordered from ECS before. I have yet to see what they have to offer now. I will be sure to give them a chance on your recommendation.

Its the fact that, I get a customer every once in a blue moon that will want to upgrade something on their car. That's where these companies come in, I usually get OEM parts but sometimes people just want better or cheaper.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
You know, I have never ordered from ECS before. I have yet to see what they have to offer now. I will be sure to give them a chance on your recommendation.

Its the fact that, I get a customer every once in a blue moon that will want to upgrade something on their car. That's where these companies come in, I usually get OEM parts but sometimes people just want better or cheaper.
ecs has oem and other....they are great...I got my suspension, mirrors, brakes and other stuff from them and a great price and they have SUPERB customer service.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,464 Posts
Yeah, ECS is great, but when it comes to vendors, they aren't really comparable to DDM. DDM is basically only used as the absolute cheapest source of aftermarket headlights, trim, and bumpers - that's it. In other words, it's basically just a slightly better alternative to eBay for a few basics.

ECS on the other hand has a full catalog, so to me, they serve a different purpose. I'm an ECS fan to the max, however.

·
Dream Green or die
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, ECS is great, but when it comes to vendors, they aren't really comparable to DDM. DDM is basically only used as the absolute cheapest source of aftermarket headlights, trim, and bumpers - that's it. In other words, it's basically just a slightly better alternative to eBay for a few basics.

ECS on the other hand has a full catalog, so to me, they serve a different purpose. I'm an ECS fan to the max, however.
Exactly my point, I get my OEM parts from another dealer and get softish parts from various places around the web.

Every now and then though you will get a request for those parts which DDM carries for cheap. I have still been thinking about taking EURO EDGE online, but still to young.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Well look what the cat drug in. What's up man, haven't seen you around since you drunk dialed me. :rofl:

Sent from my Droid using BimmerApp

·
Dream Green or die
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well look what the cat drug in. What's up man, haven't seen you around since you drunk dialed me. :rofl:

Heck, I don't remember doing that. How long ago was this?

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
That's the thing about drunk dialing, you usually don't remember it. :rofl: It's been hella long, at least a year. Hows life anyway.

·
Registered
515 Posts
ecs has oem and other....they are great...I got my suspension, mirrors, brakes and other stuff from them and a great price and they have SUPERB customer service.
+1

just got all my cooling system overhaul parts from them. their customer service is amazing!

·
Fireballs inc.
9,256 Posts
damn mike where have you been?

good to see your still around :hi:

·
hookersandblow
7,254 Posts
:rofl: Tyler.

And Mike, definitely check out ECS and give them a shot. I've ordered plenty of stuff from them, and they have killer deals on wheels as well.
Some of the best customer service I've recieved.

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
You get what you pay for. Unfortunately, with DDM, you pay for decently acceptable parts (for the price), and absolute f*cking garbage customer service. I purchased from them once and never again. I'd rather pay the extra few bucks to get OE quality parts from a legitimate company.

·
Fast Cars Suck!
7,726 Posts
wow look at all the random names i havent seen in awhile chiming in :rofl:

I have a love hate relationship with DDM, love there products, hate there service, though it seems to be a 50/50 chance on the service end for me. I'd love to say ill never order again, but there HID kits are soo cheap....

BTW philip how goes selling the ti & aquiring M?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts